World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two of us fished redwick yesterday evening low water, excellent conditions slight SW breeze clear sky and sea was nice and calm.Plenty of good bites but result was only some nice size whiting, NO COD. The cod have now probably started to move around the coast after gorging themselves on shrimp, they have probably all congregated at Cardiff Foreshore waiting to see what delicious bait poacher will cast out for them.The cod have been there until now so i think thats the last for me at Redwick for this year, me and my mates will fish a bit closer to home.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
if they dont behave all they will get off me is squid, and fish bait, where do u fish normally no.5, i mean your local beach. theres some lovely whiting about this year, but these cod r really patchy at moment, but i am sure they will come soon..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me and my mates normally fish any where accross S.Wales but we have tried chasing the fish from beach to beach but we gave that idea up, they were to good for us. We now try to stick to a couple of places and try to know the spot has best we can (best tides,location, bait etc.) Also easiest and hardest venues to fish as you get older the EASIER the better.Redwick by far has been most the productive but the tides,weather and time of year play a big part in what you actually catch,( the same with most places) its all about learning as much as you can about the venue.We will now spend a bit more time at foreshore, lavernock penarth and barry headlands.Prob. see down the foreshore one night, keep catching those COD. SLACK LINES.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Ok M8 I Will Try. I Havent Had Any Cod My Last 2 Visits. I Like The Shore, But A Comp There Sunday, I Will Go Monday Now, Fancied Sully Somwhere, Dont No Why. Just So As I Have A Rest From The Foreshore Trek I Suppose. If And When Things Start 2 Take Off, I Will Put It On Forum, I Want 2 Try Ranny Again Also, Has Been Pretty Good 2 Me This Year With Bass And All. Anyway Chat Soon Good Hunting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts