World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
have never fished redwick before and thinking of giving it a go.
can anyone tell me how it's fishing at the mo?
also what tides can you fish it on?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have never fished this venue before you need to go with someone who has. It can be very dangerous if you dont know where to fish( that is at low water) there are areas of deep mud and also areas of quick sand, if you fish low water on a good peat ledge it can be excellent , also fishing off the wall on high water can be great fun.This venue can be fished at high and low water both are better fished on low to medium tides. Codling and whiting are starting to show so are a few other venues, be safe and give it a go have fun.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Fished redwick on monday from low water up to high and 2 hrs back down. About an hour from high we hit a string of small whiting ( 3-4 each ) and I caught my first codling of the winter. ( approx 2 1.2 lb )

Bait used - black lug and squid cocktails

Have heard the foreshore is fishing good for cod at the moment. I thought the foreshore was closed to all apart from the odd match on a sunday...am I right or can it still be fished? Best spots and directions?

·
Registered
8 Posts
:blink: Fished Redwick last night 2hrs either side of high water, one bite - one strap conger. Lovely evening but the wind began to turn around easterly. This in my experience spells disaster for fishing at this end of the channel.

By the way the lane through the farm is getting worse so dont take a nice car unless it's a company one. 4x4 or car/van with good ground clearance will cope no problem.

If anyone did netter than I did last night then please let me know as I need a good session to keep the faith...!

Phil.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I FISH FORESHORE REGULARLY,, NOBODY EVER STOPS ME.. AND IF DARK WE STILL WALK UP ROAD PASSED SECURITY GATES AND THEY SAY NOTHING.. BUT DONT WALK BACK THAT WAY IN DAYLITE..

·
Registered
327 Posts
Gods country x 2

I was born in Merthyr and live in Caerphilly.

I had a walk adown to Lavernock earlier today and the wind was smack in my teeth off the sea, don't want to put you off Poacher but I left the gear in the car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
they reckon best time to fish is after a good storm really gets all the sea bed churned up, and fish go on a feeding frienzy plus water gets really murky, mind you our coast is normally like that. forecast looks a bit calmer for weekend and colder best leave it till then?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts