World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know if you can fish from low to high on the below tides tomorrow at redwick ledges
Low Tide 05:19 (2.06m)
High Tide 11:12 (9.90m)
Low Tide 17:29 (2.41m)
High Tide 23:32 (9.40m)

·
Registered
409 Posts
U can fish it from low but u wont have much water on them tides till bout 2 hrs in.u can stay on ledges for bit then u have 2 move onto breakwall for rest

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Check yor tide heights for Newport??
Think they are bigger than that tomorrow and drop ing back on Wed and Thur to 10.6m.
Ring Gary Evans newport, they will give you the info you need before you set off. Cheers Chris

·
Registered
347 Posts
You need to add 1.7 m to those original heights. It' been said before someone's gonna get "wet" one day! Do yourself a favour and get a garry evans tide book like the previous poster!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry guys did forget to mention that you need to add 1.7m onto these, as these heights I got from one of the websites. With the 1.7m added, could you fish from low straight away or would you need to wait a while.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
i fish redwick on tides smaller than 10 metre cardiff scale,low water 2 hours or so either side on ledges past water outlet.beware of muck before outlet,and after this rain we ve had,i think youll struggle with a load of weed getting washed down channel,fishes well after a few days dry weather,wednseday/thursday are about right size tides there at low water,can fish the w near gate from low up to high.

·
Registered
291 Posts
There is still a fair bit of weed around Redwick at the moment but is well fishable, the higher tides are managable, fished there friday morning, had some small codling and nice whiting, but the best days are wed/thur like already mentioned, perfect to fish the ledges, just make sure u have waders, the mud down there is alot more sorf than ive saw it in a while

·
Registered
321 Posts
best tides are gunna be towards the end of the week for redwick just a shame some of us got work wha a mudda ****er

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got one already mate, it was in car when posting this and forgot to add the 1.7m.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Check yor tide heights for Newport??
Think they are bigger than that tomorrow and drop ing back on Wed and Thur to 10.6m.
Ring Gary Evans newport, they will give you the info you need before you set off. Cheers Chris
Cheers Chris. I'm Donna's mate, he told me bout your fish yesterday, nice one. We're off out Monday together prob st.brides, come and join us.

·
Registered
21 Posts
A mate had a plaice and 2 codling on a light spinning rod down Redwick last sunday.
The biggest was about 3.5 lbs:punk:
Was fishing from the rocks below the sea wall. Was only casting out about 25-30 yards..:fishing:

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Fished the ledges last night, had a cod over 3lb, the wind was howling and made it hard to identify bites, the slack line bite I had was pretty obvious though lol.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Cheers Chris. I'm Donna's mate, he told me bout your fish yesterday, nice one. We're off out Monday together prob st.brides, come and join us.
Hi Knoxy, I'm off down my van in Devon tomorrow lure fishing for bass all weekend. My Mrs will have had enough of me fishing for one week so its unlikely I will be fishing but I might pop down to meet you all.
PM me if yor going and I'll try to make it.
Nice one for the message Chris

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Chris,

No probs, have a good weekend after the bass. Will let you know if we get out Monday. Cheers Knoxy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts