World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Just aquired a zziplex 3500s and it has a peen moveable reel seat, bit bulky for my liking, anyoune able to reccomend a good one? was thinking of the talon reel seat

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Hey everyone! Just aquired a zziplex 3500s and it has a peen moveable reel seat, bit bulky for my liking, anyoune able to reccomend a good one? was thinking of the talon reel seat
i had the penn one found it bulky got a talon now didn't like the trigger so took it off now happy with it dont over tighten it tho i have heard that some have had probs doing so
hope this helps dai

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I like the talon - with the trigger on though. I put a review and a few pics on the user reviews section :fishing1:

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
i have put a talon on most of my rods now but as its already been said not to tight and make sure you get the right size:blink:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I tried a penn too and found it much to bulky even though it stayed in place. The abu etc sliding reel seat are ok providing they fit the rod well without too much space. There can be a problem on abu 6500 as the foot of the reel is rather thin and some people have found on century etc that they move around after a few months even fully tightened.

John

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
was speaking to stan at alba rods he is making me a nemisis custom and he was saying the two guys who made the talon have fallen out bigtime and talons are in very short supply i have tried veals,gac and a few others and the large ones are all out of stock good luck on the search for one

·
The people's moral compass
12,846 Posts
i use the abu griploks on my multi rods, have just discovered that they like to jam when using a slosh though, i think the angle of the foot makes the sleeve that holds it jam and an angle, takes a bit of messing to get it off if you overtighten it,

never any probs using abu reels though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts