World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys new to the forum but I have a question to people who have jdm spinning reels.
I sent my shimano twinpower 4000 to shimano felindre to get serviced and I got it back half broken. Needless to say phoned them up and complained then sent it back in again. Got it back again however this time it was missing screws and hasn't felt the same since sending it in.
I wont be using them again.
I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for places that will properly service reels?

p.s I am a japanese native speaker so I spoke to shimano japan and they said they then can service the reel but it would cost about £80 plus postage for the service. It seems like alot of money.

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
62,578 Posts
Hi guys new to the forum but I have a question to people who have jdm spinning reels.
I sent my shimano twinpower 4000 to shimano felindre to get serviced and I got it back half broken. Needless to say phoned them up and complained then sent it back in again. Got it back again however this time it was missing screws and hasn't felt the same since sending it in.
I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for places that will properly service reels?

p.s I am a japanese native speaker so I spoke to shimano japan and they said they then can service the reel but it would cost about £80 plus postage for the service. It seems like alot of money.
Welcome to WSF lure fishing forums :)

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Wow shimano felindre are the official Shimano service centre for the UK, if there level of service has reduced to this it puts a big question mark over buying and using Shimano reels

·
62,578 Posts
Wow shimano felindre are the official Shimano service centre for the UK, if there level of service has reduced to this it puts a big question mark over buying and using Shimano reels
I have never used them but I have heard of some very good experiences and also......some shocking ones.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I understand that its a jdm product and that they may not be the usual product they deal with but I just can't imagine that the reels are that different.
Hence why I'm hesitant about where to service reels as I don't really fancy sending it back to japan.

·
62,578 Posts
I understand that its a jdm product and that they may not be the usual product they deal with but I just can't imagine that the reels are that different.
Hence why I'm hesitant about where to service reels as I don't really fancy sending it back to japan.
I would have thought most of the parts come from the Shimano Parts bin and they should have no problem in dealing with reels.

Super to have you on board.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm surprized and worried by your report of such poor service. On the two occasions I've had work done at Shimano Felindre the work has always been first class and returned very quickly. I hope others don't experience the same problems you did, otherwise it doesn't bode well for the future.

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
I have never used them but I have heard of some very good experiences and also......some shocking ones.
I had two rarieums serviced by them great service
Bit worried am buying a Stella
Plus gees has to go back

·
13,191 Posts

welcome mate to our band of brothers
If u have a prob send the reel to the reel doctor
Here's his number 07961939005
Plus I think he's in Kent
Will have to have a meet up later
With the other Kent boys bazz

Reactions: swansea Jack

·
13,191 Posts
What's wrong with Gees Bazz ?
He says it's broke
Me I think the little **** blow it up in ascension
But as I said why buy a new one get the bloody thing repaired
But it's got to go back to shim as there sealed
As with lots of these sw reels
He should get the van stall sorted in a god zillion bits in garage
But like some of the best anglers gear just thrown in the shed lols

·
62,578 Posts
He says it's broke
Me I think the little **** blow it up in ascension
But as I said why buy a new one get the bloody thing repaired
But it's got to go back to shim as there sealed
As with lots of these sw reels
He should get the van stall sorted in a god zillion bits in garage
But like some of the best anglers gear just thrown in the shed lols
I have hears stories of Stella bearings needing replacing etc......this should not happen on newish reels.
When I hear that sort of thing I start thinking of soft bearings and on an £600-800 reel......
Daiwa service in the UK has not got a good reputation sadly.

·
13,191 Posts
I have hears stories of Stella bearings needing replacing etc......this should not happen on newish reels.
When I hear that sort of thing I start thinking of soft bearings and on an £600-800 reel......
Daiwa service in the UK has not got a good reputation sadly.
I'm finding it hard Nick the Stella has problems
The saltiga as u say daiwas got probs
The shim bio is not rearly sw
So I may have to go back to what I know a new rarieum

·
62,578 Posts
I'm finding it hard Nick the Stella has problems
The saltiga as u say daiwas got probs
The shim bio is not rearly sw
So I may have to go back to what I know a new rarieum
Luvias Bazz.....I have several.

Awesome

·
13,191 Posts
Thanks will give him a call.
Should probably learn to service reels myself but last time I did I couldn't put it back together.:eek:
Trouble is North with
These sw reels u can't get into them
Especially the saltigas
Mag oil inside totally sealed

·
13,191 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts