World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any tips for this? I have a bare workshop wall and about 20 reels lying in a pile. Who's got 20 spare reel seats that they don't need?

I had an idea about surface mounting a 20mm dia length of conduit and sliding a load of 25mm running couplings along it and jamming the reels in with those, but there's not enough room betweem the conduit and tube.

Any ideas anyone (I know - "sell off the reels you don't use" - she said that too!)???

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Thats what I use, they can be tightened up for long term storage, or left slack for temporary, stop each jubilee clip sliding off, by putting a panel pin into the wood behind it;)
blueskip

·
Registered
27,113 Posts
TB
Why not make up four or five simple shelves on some adjustable shelf brackets with a bit of quadrant at the front and ends of each shelf to keep them on it ?
You can keep them in plastic bags with a bit of silica gel to keep them rust free etc.

Regards David

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Does anyone have any tips for this? I have a bare workshop wall and about 20 reels lying in a pile. Who's got 20 spare reel seats that they don't need?

I had an idea about surface mounting a 20mm dia length of conduit and sliding a load of 25mm running couplings along it and jamming the reels in with those, but there's not enough room betweem the conduit and tube.

Any ideas anyone (I know - "sell off the reels you don't use" - she said that too!)???
Personnaly, I can't see whats wrong with a pile of reels - its worked for me for over 20 years!:unsure:

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
:wave: My mistake, thought you might have been flush.
As you have a boat to maintain I fully understand where the money goes.
I run a boat with a 50hp engine and can only afford to drop the reels in a draw.
Like you, I would like to have something more convenient. Certainly when I spend £50 - £400 on a reel I should perhaps spend £4 on a Snap-Lock to ensure they are not scratched in storage.:)

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
broom handle, and cut a cycle inner tube into inch lengths. Slip each on the rounded end of the broomhandle, and there you go!

philtherod

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
broom handle, and cut a cycle inner tube into inch lengths. Slip each on the rounded end of the broomhandle, and there you go!

philtherod
Simple, low tech and cheap - always the best answer!

Reminds me of the Yank showing off his Parker Ballpoint pen to a Russian. The Yank said smuggly, "NASA spent $4m developing a pen that would write in zero gravity". The Russian replied, " on our space missions we use pencils"!

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
mine go in cloth bags in the boiler cupboard. Takes up v little space and they dont get cold and damp or exposed to UV (line damage)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.