World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
&

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>What should I look for and what should I reject when &nbsp; looking for a reel to accompany a boat rod I&#39;ve picked up in a Charity shop? &nbsp;Cheers, Tony. &nbsp;Lovely website, bit complicated for us "Mature Students"&#33;</font>

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi Tony,

Me again&#33;&#33;&#33; First and foremost, a name, e.g. Shimano, Abu, Daiwa I dont care what anyone says, they are the best. Spares are readily available and they can be serviced by yourself.

Secondly - what does it look like, Is it clean and tidy without any corrosion, if there is corrosion on the outside then there is 10 times more on the inside. It speaks for itself, the previous owners have never looked after it, never been washed out with warm fresh water and a soft tooth brush after each use and then left to dry in an airing cupboard.

Thirdly - Other than stripping it down, does it run smoothly? Spin the spool a few times with your finger, if it spins freely without any hiccups all may be well - wind the handle - what does it feel like?

If you still like it - make an offer.

Awrabest

Drew</font>

&

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#0000FF'>Aquired a Penn Multiplier Model 85, seems to be altogether, nice and sturdy feel to it, &nbsp;all the best Tony.</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts