World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a bit of a dry article but it may have meaning for a lot of people - it is a part of a scottish parliament debate. Some things mentioned began to click - ref fish disappearing in the 70/80s

Worldwide no take zones are changing marine wildlife in no uncertain terms - is this our future if there is to be one?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
in that article one of the mentions is of fishing in the 80s and how all the fish disappeared.
Last time i was in Torquay i was down on the pier talking to a pair of fishermen "catch anything" "not likely," came the reply - he pointed at a very large trawler disappearing in the distance - "that he said came within 20 foot of the pier, with his nets out"
I am an environmental campigner - not interested in global warning (not a spelling mistake) but interested in the cases that slip by the big boys - they are mostly interested because they can earn from the cases they involve themselves in. Currently im working on ptfe - lecture culmination of years work next month - the company concerned has seriously affected everyone in the town where the factory is - they had to pay damages of over 600 million dollars - 2 days production - their extremely dangerous chemical is so widespread that you probably have it in your body - so why arent the bbc on this??? (film dark waters -
)
The main product (youll have guessed it by now) actually has a built in flaw they cant remove - when it gets too hot (crispy bacon) it starts breaking down - one of the by products is called perfleuroisobutene (on google) This is so dangerous it is actually categorised as a chemical weapon.
The chemical cf8 used in production (cancer, immune diseases - and much more) is so dangerous 5 parts per trillion is the limit - 900 bore sites tested in the us - 700 over the limit - the same in Milano - and the nederlands.
This company also does seaweed trawling, and they get away with it.
If we can start the ball rolling - huh just me???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts