World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

First of all i must apoligise for my absence as of late. I have been working allot of silly hours down in london and have had very little time to do anything i needed too.

Anyway back to the fishing.

Me, peter and two other guys went for a trip out to sea as we had heard from some of the comersial fishermen that they were getting good cod about half mile out.

Shingle street from about a half mile out. The water was so still!

Peter with his 9lb cod caught first cast (I think)

My First ever thorn Back Ray

With my first ever Blond Ray

Who was then joined by my new PB cod of 5lb!! who i have just eaten for dinner. Hummmmm well 1/4 of it!

My Four fish that i took home

All the fish that were taken home

Me and my first two rays.

We aslo had several dogfish but nothing under 2lb caught.

All in all a very good day! Thanks Peter

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
nice fish. no wonder the sea's are emptying of fish. did you really need to take them all home?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rays look a bit small, they,d have all gone back for me.... nice haul though, well done.... Chris

·
Registered
246 Posts
Didnt you do well ..........well done bud did you take sharkey ??
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......................COD :)
Any doggies about ?.......nice to some thorn backs about ......well done nice pics ...............I think there will be a few of even bigger ones about .... :)

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
bloody good trip mate well done.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
well done steve just shows the buggers are out there laughin at us poor sods on the shore ,:clap3:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think that we were about 2 miles off in the end. We aslo dropped a few guys off at the crouch on the way out. They were pleased with there 20-30 fish or over 1lb untill they saw ours! lol

Thanks for the comments guys.

Steve

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Good Rays,Good cod,Good pic's,Good weather
Good on ya M8
That must be the day dream's are made of.Well done
Spratty:clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
just to finish off steve and co all i can say is im bloody jealous and hope the rays ect taste bloody good, you all deseved them all.

but i am getting sick to death of peeps commenting on what and should and shouldnt be kept for the table on here and leader lines.

if you caught them and the are sizeable then they are yours to do with what you you want.

i had a bloke once had a dig at me for keeping a smoothie once for eating buy my missus. it tasted bloody great and he was under the illusiosion you couldnt eat them, what a load of cobblers what on earth do you think you get at the chippy when ordering rock eel or bull huss, its basicaly any thing from spur dog , smoothie to younf tope to bull huss.

so please just comment on the sizeable fish caught and taken home rather than voicing your own opion.

i know loads of people who go fishing and put all fish back but at the same time dont slag peeps of who do.

any stevey boy bloody well done and hope they taste great , ill be out there soon for a bash on thor.

15,082 Posts
just to finish off steve and co all i can say is im bloody jealous and hope the rays ect taste bloody good, you all deseved them all.

but i am getting sick to death of peeps commenting on what and should and shouldnt be kept for the table on here and leader lines.

if you caught them and the are sizeable then they are yours to do with what you you want.

i had a bloke once had a dig at me for keeping a smoothie once for eating buy my missus. it tasted bloody great and he was under the illusiosion you couldnt eat them, what a load of cobblers what on earth do you think you get at the chippy when ordering rock eel or bull huss, its basicaly any thing from spur dog , smoothie to younf tope to bull huss.

so please just comment on the sizeable fish caught and taken home rather than voicing your own opion.

i know loads of people who go fishing and put all fish back but at the same time dont slag peeps of who do.

any stevey boy bloody well done and hope they taste great , ill be out there soon for a bash on thor.
Well said that man :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

Ron

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for that i was thinking about something to say about those comments but didnt.

And yes the cod and thornie were fantastic! Cant wait to get out there again!

Pete promisied me that i would get a new PB and i sure did!

Steve

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well done m8 i am glad you enjoyed your catch and you are entitled to take them for the pot. I enjoy eating my catch when they are big enough. If we dont take them they will be caught by the commercial sector and in some cases finish up as garden fertiliser. Enjoy
Ron

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well done chaps, looks like a cracking session....

Great pics Steve as ever.....

Petes Cod looks a monster !!!!!!

I'll be dusting the rods off for a trip to the island in the next few weeks !!

Tom

1 - 20 of 25 Posts