World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how hard/expensive is it to remove th level wind fram an Abu 6000,
As far as I can work out thats all the CT version is, I might be able to get one cheaply but i won't bother unless I can get the Level wind off of it.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
remove the level wind and fit new t bar (about £7.00) very easy but dont forget to remove the level wind plastic drive in the side plate as well.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
last one i converted the t bar was £7.00 but cant even remember were i got it.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just noticed, you've got a TD Surf, is it any go I need to replace my rod as it's got a crack in the tip section, I want something with a sensitvie tip and power in the but as far as i can work out the TD surf is about right, I looked at the Sandstorm/supercast I'm not sure.
I want more of a match rod than a distance beach rod.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
;) Keep an eye on ebay ;) , there was a guy selling conversion kits for £8.99 last week (he is a regular). the kit contains all you need without forking out on a new ct cage or paying someone to do it for you.
This guy even offers to complete the mod free of charge if you buy the kit and send him the reels.
I am going to get myself a kit when he advertises again.

Just do an all catagories search for ct conversions. :)

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
CONVERSION BARS

Multiplyer ct conversion bars machined to order £8.50 for the kit.

Bars in stock for ABU 5000 / 6000 / 7000 series

Diawa millionaire 5HM /6HM series

All prices + postage

http://www.thereeldoctor.co.uk

I just found out that the reel doctor sells conversion bars also

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers I hae just emailed the reeldoctor so i think i'll see if he can do it cheaper.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This one was brand new, Got it for 40 in the end I might have paid more than i could have got away with but it's on it's way now!!! (i think)

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
the rods spot on mate i was advised to go for this rod when i went to by a sand storm its ok for beach and rock it all so pulls out of thick kelp very well. just upgraded to a tip tornado super match which is an excellent piece of tackle but i suppose it's all down to one's pocket as to what rod you can afford. happy fishing mate.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I'll get the TDSS, it is the same price as the sandstorm but seems alot better, I can't really afford the Century, as much as I like to stare at it in the shop :( .

I wasn't ripped off then, I want it for lighter work than I use the Penn Super mag for. The super mag doesn't handle the lighter lines and weights so well.

I'm upgrading all my kit, slowly. It's scary how much it all costs!!!
:eek:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Tozer said:
how hard/expensive is it to remove th level wind fram an Abu 6000,
As far as I can work out thats all the CT version is, I might be able to get one cheaply but i won't bother unless I can get the Level wind off of it.
why dont you do it your self??? it is not as hard as you might think!! i did mine by removing the levelwind/levelwind gearing/replacing the gear casing and using the levelwind worm gear shaft as the brace (otherwise you have to buy a brace bar) this has been worked VERRRRRRY hard since xmass and works a treat,i use a cono-flex nemesis with this and also my 6500 (converted the same way) it works try it....SCOTT

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheers for the advice SCott, I will try it, I can't do it untill I get off of holiday. But i want to have a go.
There is a man on Ebay selling mag conversion kits for £25 and he is also willing to sell the brace bar etc. for an extra five quid, post is free.

I think I could end up spending to much here. But it looks worth it.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ho do you remove the plastic gearing for the level wind? I've stripped it all down but I can't get the gearing off.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've just removed the level wind on my 6501 C3 and had a few minutes of head scratching with the plastic gear .Eventually I prised it off with a screwdriver but it took a bit of effort.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i contemplated doing that but I stopped because I was worried about pulling a dent into the frame

1 - 20 of 20 Posts