World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are all the Brighton plaice reports today guys?

In fact where were all anglers? I got to the Banjo groyne this morning at around 7:00am thinking I was going to be pushed to find a spot. But only 7 or 8 anglers to the east of the groyne, and none to the west. I set-up 100 yds west, and it truly was a repeat performance of my session a couple of weeks ago.

Tings and unmentionables from the off, a couple of flounder, and unbelievably a plaice on my last cast again. This time I had enough bait to try another cast, but of course it just resulted in another pest.

No pictures this time, they look exactly the same as the ones I published from my last trip!

A few more peeps did arrive during the morning, but I only saw one plaice landed around me; it would be good to hear how others fared?

Red Herring.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
So it was not as busy as we feared. Well done on getting your spottie.

Might see you tomorrow mate, I'l be there 8 til 2.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I was there from 6am, last man towards the marina, noisy dog. Had some stinking refrozen lug and ****e rag from lagoon baits, honestly the worst rag I've ever paid for. Anyhow. Same as you really, ling and ting and one plaice on my last cast (I had to leave at 10). Thought more folk would be there but no ideal conditions. Bloody cold that wind eh!
Another day...

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,039 Posts
Where are all the Brighton plaice reports today guys?

In fact where were all anglers? I got to the Banjo groyne this morning at around 7:00am thinking I was going to be pushed to find a spot. But only 7 or 8 anglers to the east of the groyne, and none to the west. I set-up 100 yds west, and it truly was a repeat performance of my session a couple of weeks ago.

Tings and unmentionables from the off, a couple of flounder, and unbelievably a plaice on my last cast again. This time I had enough bait to try another cast, but of course it just resulted in another pest.

No pictures this time, they look exactly the same as the ones I published from my last trip!

A few more peeps did arrive during the morning, but I only saw one plaice landed around me; it would be good to hear how others fared?

Red Herring.

thought it'd be mobbed this morning, although the opening of the marina might've eased it a tad.. surprised though and by the lack of spotties although the sea did look a bit meatier from the view I had a few hundred yards away in town... thanks for posting and well done getting one in the end

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Perhaps the marina has spit the choice and it's a bit of a toss up, but only 14 or so plaice fishing bays prob got to make the early troop down to get a spot towards 22. At least the beach has a few more spaces. At least you got your plaice in the end....

·
Registered
272 Posts
Where are all the Brighton plaice reports today guys? In fact where were all anglers? I got to the Banjo groyne this morning at around 7:00am thinking I was going to be pushed to find a spot. But only 7 or 8 anglers to the east of the groyne, and none to the west. I set-up 100 yds west, and it truly was a repeat performance of my session a couple of weeks ago. Tings and unmentionables from the off, a couple of flounder, and unbelievably a plaice on my last cast again. This time I had enough bait to try another cast, but of course it just resulted in another pest. No pictures this time, they look exactly the same as the ones I published from my last trip! A few more peeps did arrive during the morning, but I only saw one plaice landed around me; it would be good to hear how others fared? Red Herring.
i was there Friday and tbh it was quite poor had 3 plaice and a flounder!!! saw guy to the left of me reel in a couple!! in the end I was putting about 6 rag on each hook but nothing was touching it ? was reeling in un-touched bait every time!!!

·
Registered
684 Posts
It doesn't help when the entire stretch of beach is heavily netted every day…..only the nuisance fish make it through.The nets were so close on thursday you could almost cast into them….not fair

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It will be interesting to see how it fishes this morning in the bright sunshine. Duties elsewhere prevent me from finding out...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts