World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had an invite from SBM to join him and some of the lads from the forum to fish Wolfies re hot bass mark jumped at the chance. Great day out thanks Rhys pity THERE WERE NO FISH!!:yucky: nice spot and I did enjoy the drive. I know why you lads keep these marks "secret" (JOKE) you can never find you way back to them:) Any way had shed loads of crab left over( Brought them from Country stores and if any one is interested he is now doing live sandeel at £8 a pound) Had to spend some time with the wife on sunday so next chance to use them was on monday. fishing the ebb tide . Looked around the forum for some ideas and decided to stay local. Went to Pwll but as I had only put on my walking boots changed my mind and thought I would go to behind the sports field. Wrong!! can't cross the railway now!!! That left the sand boat ponton. Looked ok too,plenty of movement in the water and not to much weed. Started fishing just after ten. Baited up for bass with a flowing paternoster finished of with a size 2/0 sakuma and two VERY tasty peelers. Cast out with 150grms of Gemini lead to hold bottom . BANG BANG nothing!! Must have been the lead settling . Left it for about 15 mins no more movement reeled in 14 ins Flounder. Very good thinks I of the hook and back in he went . Fished over low water until 2o'clock no more bites and got very muddy in the process. Points to remeber some fish have not read the same books as us anglers so be prepared for the unexpected and if you are going to fish any where from the sandboat upto Pwll make sure you don't wear walking boots:yucky:

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Nice report Rog - shame about the fishing;), at least it's not just you, all I had this weekend was a snotty Eel from Pwll and a nice size Flounder from Cefn. Don't understand about your boots m8 - where I fish round there you could wear carpet slippers:)

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice report Rog - shame about the fishing;), at least it's not just you, all I had this weekend was a snotty Eel from Pwll and a nice size Flounder from Cefn. Don't understand about your boots m8 - where I fish round there you could wear carpet slippers:)
Hi mate . you had better show me where. I've still got some crabs to use up?:g:

·
Registered
98 Posts
u can get over the track roge.. park by the footy pitch by where the nets were and walk straight across. there's a lil sign with a sty right next to it, leads u onto the slip but its muddy alright!!

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
u can get over the track roge.. park by the footy pitch by where the nets were and walk straight across. there's a lil sign with a sty right next to it, leads u onto the slip but its muddy alright!!
is that over the far side away from the pavillion/cafe? Went for a ride on the old push bike yesterday along the cycle track and found the stile!!! Thanks for the tip mate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts