World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fancied a bash at Huttoft this wk end and usually fish a few tides to get the most out of the trip.Conditions were not perfect but not to bad with a mild SSW wind swinging SW to W sea state pretty calm with just a small surf so pretty confident. Fished 3 tides for 14 hounds up to 9 lbs Commons on the first 2 tides and smaller starys on the last tide .......all fish at range....had to be over the 120 mark, peeler all fish. If conditions are good again may well have another go this wk end coming .........all welcome to join me.......boansy:fish:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate , your probably best off ......just had a look at the weather forcast for Sat /Sun........Northerlys and rain........not good........will maybe leave it till next wk end myself.....boansy:fish:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Ello mate and well done on the fish!! Will hopefully be up soon if work lets me!!
Good to see your comitment is paying off... Take care and speak soon

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Well done on the hounds boansy and for sticking it out for the marathon sesh. Did they come spread out through the trip or in packs at certain times?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Craig, Was out with Ian a few weeks ago and not much about then but aint seen Carl or your good self for a while now......Im off to Uni in Sept so going to be busy with that for a few years and may not get out as much as would like but will keep in contact through the sites mate........think Carl wants a good crack at Orford around Christmas hols so maybe catch you there mate.......All hounds seemed to hit one hour before the top of the tide and then move back out as the tide started to ebb.......usually at Bohemia you can follow the hounds down tide for an hour or two but not the case here........only had fish for about an hour or so but hoping for some bigger hounds to move in on the lincs coast soon.......that will thicken up the packs a bit.......................boansy:bones::bones:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Thanks for the info boansy haven't been myself for ages so might have to give it a go before the hounds leave.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe see you on the beach........heard some reports of hounds coming off the Holderness coast recently but the Lincs beaches should start to produce a bigger year class again as they fatten up before they migate..........well heres hopeing.....good luck coaly

·
Registered
924 Posts
Great report boansy!! Codwadd (Andy) is "over the back of mine" now at "Mableness-on-Sand". I'm planning to pop over soon with a cuppa and see how he's getting on. I'll post back if its really exciting!!
THANK COD FOR FISHING!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
My mate Andy (Codwadd) left the beach late afternoon with a dab and a weaver to his name. Good to see you Andy!!
THANK COD FOR FISHING!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Might give it a go again he weekend if the weather looks any good will let you know Paul cheers Andy will give you a bell Coalie will be good to meet up again

·
Registered
633 Posts
went for the early tide this morning fished with my brother inlaw till eight without so much as a knock so ended up leaving much earlier than i hoped as he packed up and sat in car , wind wasnt bad sea wasnt rough , just guess it wasnt my day lol. saw one other guy there who stayed for an hour or two but only other lifesigns were couple of baby seals on the beach , guess they couldnt find the fish either lol. so much for my first smoothound but maybe next time . also is there anyone interested with an extra person tagging along on trips as i dont drive but always interested in going fishing just never can get to the sites i hear are fishing well hapy to help with fuel and always got my own baits . cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts