World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished south heads (st bees)
on thursday for a couple of hours as the tide went back nothing touched our bait
i was a bit perplexed as to why then spotted a seal not far of shore
so we decided to go to braystones
we got there about 30 minutes to low water
seen a lot of birds diving in to the surf and i mean a lot
so we went and fished were they had been
we were only there for about 2 hours but both of us came away after catching a turbot a piece about a pound in weight

reports i have heard

st bees head north cod to 6 lb comeing off to right of fleswick bay fishing in the kelp
bass been caught off south heads

might have a run out in another buddys boat today not sure depends how long this hangover lasts

·
Banned
396 Posts
alrite zed, just got back from the isle o whithorn soo havent got up to braystones 4 a couple of weeks, it was fishin awful last time we were there sounds like things might be warming up from reading your report,have you heard of any bass bein caught? whithorn was good no mackeral though so no bait just used lures plenty of pollock and coalies not massive in size but good sport. i fish st bees head and beach a lot in winter, never tried lure fishin in the summer which work the best for the pollock? hope to be up braystones this weekend with a bit of luck......cheers mick

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oreeght mickylad glad you enjoyd whithorn havent fished it yet
might be going to rosscarrol or balcary in a few weeks have to see what gets set up
everyone seems to use lures for pollock to the right of fleswick bay fishing off of the slabs
as you know the heads is a low water mark
2 hours before to 3 hours back should get you on and off ok
have you already fished it ?
red gills is the one to use
might have a scop in tomorrow not sure

a bloke over the road had a go at the north pier w/haven on saturday afternoon
came off with about 5 plaice nowt fantastic but enough for a feed

·
Banned
396 Posts
Zedonepilot said:
oreeght mickylad glad you enjoyd whithorn havent fished it yet
might be going to rosscarrol or balcary in a few weeks have to see what gets set up
everyone seems to use lures for pollock to the right of fleswick bay fishing off of the slabs
as you know the heads is a low water mark
2 hours before to 3 hours back should get you on and off ok
have you already fished it ?
red gills is the one to use
might have a scop in tomorrow not sure

a bloke over the road had a go at the north pier w/haven on saturday afternoon
came off with about 5 plaice nowt fantastic but enough for a feed
ello agin zed, looks like we could make it up to braystones, what baits were u on when you had the turbot? {i no im a cheeky get ;) }tides for the weekend look good for a do low water there to me wodya think?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mickylad

bait used was mackrel chunk tipped with whole small calamari
for both fish
one on a ledger rig the other on a two hook patternoster
me and my buddy planning on fishing braystones on saturday
low water 15:29
should be there about 13:30 ish
maybe see you there
my buddys off to millom today to meet one of his other buddys they are going for peeler so hopefully will be stocking up for a trip round the heads
will get some fresh black lug tomorrow for saturday will be fishing mackerel and calamri might try to get some rag
l8r

1 - 5 of 5 Posts