World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually post any boat or shore reports in the south west section.But here goes.My last few trips have been reasonably successfull,no monsters but plenty of action.We have been doing ok on the bass with plenty of takers using redgill evos in deadly nightshade and proper white gill type eels had 7 between us in half an hour and i believe 12 on another trip with 9 takers,lost a biggie round the rocks aswell as i was steering the boat between two bottom ripping rock spikes and couldnt turn out DOH!!! Variety has been in the form of pollack,cuckoo wrasse,mackeral and the odd herring.Also been squid jigging and caught a couple of nice ones.My last trip on saturday was rubbish managed to get out to some ground that i know can hold cod but despite trying different things we just caught dozens of small pollack,no squid and no bass.Hoping to get out after this bad weather for another try.

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
thanks mate..i appreciate your time and effort....
a good veriety of fish there..well done...then cuckoo wrasse are lovely fish...and i would like to catch one..

do you prefer the redgill evos over sidewinders..?

again thanks....we can get there ..andy

·
Registered
25,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks mate..i appreciate your time and effort....
a good veriety of fish there..well done...then cuckoo wrasse are lovely fish...and i would like to catch one..

do you prefer the redgill evos over sidewinders..?

again thanks....we can get there ..andy
Redgill evos have caught my fishing partner alot of bass,i like the sidewinder bloodheads for spinnining from the shore but from the boat i prefer the redgill original unweighted eels,the lineaffe lumi/white eels fish well as do fladen eels!!!If you want cuckoo wrasse then around here macky strip baited silver shrimps do the job!!!! I love the cuckoos but reeling them up fast dont do them any good as they "blow up" easily.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts