World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Gas Works on 24th Feb from 16.00 - 21.00pm there was a stiff S.W. breeze blowing and it threatened rain for most of the time but apart from heavy constant rain about 15 minutes before packing up there was only a few quick showers. Fished Rag on one rod and whole Squid on the other. Very slow session with just two small whiting and a very small Dogfish on the Rag and a larger Dog on the Squid.
After missing out on fishing since the above and after a bad day at work yesterday I decided to fish Bossington last night even though I had work today and high tide was just before 01.00am. No worm to use as bait so fished Mackerel on one rod and whole Squid on the other. The night was cold with a very light S.W. breeze. Started clear but became overcast later on. After three hours of fishing and not a single bite I was beginning to think that a blank was on the cards when the Squid rod gave a big nod then bent right over and would have come off the stand if I had not grabbed it. A few minutes later and a nice 3lb. 4oz.
Bass was sitting on the shore. No other bites after this but I went home happy as this was my first Bass of 2007.
Not feeling so happy this morning back at work typing this and desperately trying to keep my eyes open.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts