World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Report on the news, just wondered if it was anyone on here? Glad the're safe and well:

A father and son have been rescued after being thrown into the sea in Cornwall during a fishing trip on Monday night.

Their 6ft (2m) inflatable dinghy was upended by strong winds and the pair had to swim to shore at Gorran Haven.

The alarm was raised at 0600 BST when they did not returned home to St Austell. They were found after a search by police, lifeboats and coastguards.

They were not injured, but have been treated for hypothermia.

Brixham Coastguard said the dinghy and the two casualties were found at 0740 BST by Mevagissey Coastguard Rescue Team on an inaccessible beach near Gorran Haven where they had spent most of the night.

:black_eye

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Glad to hear there all ok.Not a good idea:boat:.in this weather.I've seen cfish doing the same in a dinghy.Trolling for bass.He had that many bass the dinghy allmost sank.:roll1::roll1:

·
Registered
25,087 Posts
LOL Aj my gillnets havent arrived yet and the splashing nets too heavy to fit in the punt!!!!:cc_surren:cc_surren:cc_surren Some numpties about,had engine failure and didnt have any oars on board!!! My friends father took the boat out to rescue them but there was too much surf for him to get his boat near the beach!!!! Just glad theyre ok and hope it serves as a lesson to people who hear about it!!!!

·
Registered
25,087 Posts
Just realised me and young tom were rowing for bass a few hours before this incident,was getting bit choppy off turbot point so we packed it in:cc_surren:cc_surren:cc_surren.Update=apparently the people let 3 flares off but nobody seen them????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts