World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking of going up to sunart for a short break in the summer ,has anybody ever stayed at this campsite,, i have never been in this neck of the woods before ,the campsite looks right close to the shore, dont know what the fishing is like though, any info would be appreciated. :unsure: :)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
you,ve got pm neil

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
put it this way mate you could sit in your caravan and still cast a hundred odd yards into the loch try further down laga bay or the rocks at salen lovely little village that ,there is a guy who does boat hire as well , guyfella has given me loads of info on sunart mate he is the one to listen to

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
put it this way mate you could sit in your caravan and still cast a hundred odd yards into the loch try further down laga bay or the rocks at salen lovely little village that ,there is a guy who does boat hire as well , guyfella has given me loads of info on sunart mate he is the one to listen to
sounds good to me ,ahm listening,:happy: thanks lads

·
Registered
382 Posts
the slip is a tenner now. greedy bu***r has clicked its getting more popular
Which is why I used the public slip at Strontian at the weekend - bigger, better and free. It's another 6-7 miles up the loch, so a couple more gallons of fuel, but I reckon it's less hassle overall. Given you're as fast on the water as on the road up there, you get as much fishing time despite the longer cruise.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
not that i saw last week but if there is youll probably get it opened from the camp site shop,possibly one thing i did notice was its not as good as the one before u enter strontian

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
i was thinking of going up to sunart for a short break in the summer ,has anybody ever stayed at this campsite,, i have never been in this neck of the woods before ,the campsite looks right close to the shore, dont know what the fishing is like though, any info would be appreciated. :unsure: :)
You can collect some monster size Mussels for bait were the river runs in to the head of the Loch.:) Run up to Laga bay and a boat hire company for a chance of a good Spurdog. I think the record came from there?

·
Registered
382 Posts
does the public slip not have a gate over it with a padlock?
It had a gate, but no sign of a padlock. The boatlaunch site doesn't mention any restrictions either.

not that i saw last week but if there is youll probably get it opened from the camp site shop,possibly one thing i did notice was its not as good as the one before u enter strontian
Maybe getting confused between slipways here. The public slip is the one before Strontian - the campsite one is definitely a lot trickier to use (especially single handed or in the dark).

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
the public slip is just before strontian from the corran ferry, and has a big gate infront of it yes but I've never seen it locked. Cracking slip, nice and wide so perfect for my rubbish reversing technique!!

Andy Jackson is yer man for baot hire at laga bay:

http://www.west-scotland-tourism.com/ardnamurchan-charters/BoatHire.html

resipole is ok and is right on the shore, but if its camping your after... there's now a small campsite at Kilchoan right at the end of the peninsula which opens up a whole different world of fishing possibilities...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts