World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Lads -- Anybody know what the score is with parking at Rest Bay -- Ifished a comp Sat evening and was about to park in Rest Bay Carpark and walk to the Sker when I saw a sign saying Car park locked 6.00pm release fee £90.00!!!!:uhuh: so I had to drive down to the parking spot at Sker House and walk all the way down the lane .

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
never realised that they lock it. i know there is a sign saying that they do but never experienced it. and been there with people that have parked till about 5am.
couple of spaces by the lifeguard house down there which i have seen used, so may be easier in future, although saying that wouldnt it be easier to drive along the beach. never realised someone as old as yourself could walk that far hehe

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Hi Lads -- Anybody know what the score is with parking at Rest Bay -- Ifished a comp Sat evening and was about to park in Rest Bay Carpark and walk to the Sker when I saw a sign saying Car park locked 6.00pm release fee £90.00!!!!:uhuh: so I had to drive down to the parking spot at Sker House and walk all the way down the lane .
Hi yatoes i dont park in there any way mate i park by the golf club housejust on the other side of th road you will see what i mean mate then just walk up the road all the way to sker tight lines

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi yatoes i dont park in there any way mate i park by the golf club housejust on the other side of th road you will see what i mean mate then just walk up the road all the way to sker tight lines
Thats where I went mate but that is not a right of way and somebody from the house told me so!!!!!

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
never realised that they lock it. i know there is a sign saying that they do but never experienced it. and been there with people that have parked till about 5am.
couple of spaces by the lifeguard house down there which i have seen used, so may be easier in future, although saying that wouldnt it be easier to drive along the beach. never realised someone as old as yourself could walk that far hehe
I was toying with the idea of parking by the lifeguard post but it is for disabled only.
I managed the walk easily enough with my carer carrying my tackle box and using my zimmer (Cheeky git):)

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
I was toying with the idea of parking by the lifeguard post but it is for disabled only.
I managed the walk easily enough with my carer carrying my tackle box and using my zimmer (Cheeky git):)
hahah glad to hear the carer was there to help mate. my i advise you on an off road elctrical wheelchair?? so much easier than a zimmer hehe

·
Registered
182 Posts
fished there last sumer for the first time.parked at the nature and walked through the dunes.is it a shorter walk from the rest?we were sweating like we,d run the national when we got back to the car.a very enjoyable night though lookin back on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts