World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With baited breath i cast my first bait out into the green depths of selsey west beach,and yes i should have just chucked my bait on the sand as witin 5 mins my line shockleader and hook where firmly dump back on the beach with 50lb of weed as excess baggage!!!! oh what fun but not to be out done by the dredded weed monster i take a chill out pill (ciggy) to those of you who dont smoke,and try again big mistake same happens again this time though i managed to sneak a small pout.So me 1 weed 1,Now have to sit and wait for tide run to ease so more chillout pills than i care to remember and a few rig builds later (see we dont all waste time chatting on the beach)I have another go this time the rod dose not slam to the sand with weed on the line it just sits there nice and straight,which makes a change i normaly like to hook one across somebodys elses area just to see if they have any fish.Five mins past then all hell breaks loose rod bends double christ it must be big pulling line to the right oh god now its coming straight for me,reel like mad to gain back slack line then it breaks the surface i can see the glowing eyes staring straight at me, next run in and tail it which when your on your own is not easy.This is when the miracle happend not only did i get a 10lb 6 smut but also rapped up in my shock leader was his smaller brother of 8lb 2
how chuffed was i one hook two fish! i had waited most of the nite for this so quickly took some pics which i will try and post at later date (film has to be developed) and released both fish back to the sea. stayed on for another hour after that but all went quiet packed up 2.00am went home to stick me cold feet on the misses!!!!!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
i look forward to see these fish of yours ,are you sure it was a 10lber,i know about a few of your tales,not that i dont trust you

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes it was last night see previous post smut bash at selsey!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts