World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MagicSeaweed was predicting a good bassy surf so I picked up my surfboard put on my wet suit and spent 2hrs in the waves at Rest Bay :stirpot:

As i was by the sea side it seemed reasonable to spend some time fishing too. I arrived at Aberafan just on sunset

20181017_182117.jpg

and wandered out to the breaking waves. (Much more dumpy waves than they had been at Rest Bay)
Set up two rods with various combinations of bluey, squid and sandeel and waited. Despite the large waves, the rods stayed motionless. A small amount of fine weed, but nothing to worry about. Second cast I had a nice drop back bite but turned out just to be an energetic dogfish. A few casts later another strong bite but again just another dogfish.

20181017_202645.jpg

Blank beaten but no bass, though one of the dog walkers who stopped to talk said he had seen a few caught earlier in the week. A few others fishing but not close enough to see if they were catching

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
MagicSeaweed was predicting a good bassy surf so I picked up my surfboard put on my wet suit and spent 2hrs in the waves at Rest Bay
Were there many anglers about? :stirpot::stirpot:

Good to hear to got some rod action too.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Were there many anglers about? :stirpot::stirpot:

Good to hear to got some rod action too.
I fished there last night Keith, there must have been eight or so fishing in front of the lifeboat station all i seen was dogs...i had two myself. ...tight lines nick

·
Registered
807 Posts
Welcome back from the dark side gww..."I feel the force is strong with you"....no blank...it can only get better...good effort....newguy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts