World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, were "those" three days the be all and end all of the Ferring Hound invasion of 2008 ???
later this week the night tides set in and i guess calendar wise, that will be it for another year.
Will they....................wont they ???:clap2::uhuh: ?????

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
So, were "those" three days the be all and end all of the Ferring Hound invasion of 2008 ???
later this week the night tides set in and i guess calendar wise, that will be it for another year.
Looking at the past two years the hounds turned up a week and a half after their first initial run...probably due to the tides/weather....so give it a go when high is around 11pm..then buy me a beer.............oh and best bait is hosepipe..but its gotta be green man!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking at the past two years the hounds turned up a week and a half after their first initial run...probably due to the tides/weather....so give it a go when high is around 11pm..then buy me a beer.............oh and best bait is hosepipe..but its gotta be green man!

The hose pipe worked well for me in the Western Cape but it had best results for member of the shark family whose main diet was fish.
A 200L barrel was also used attached to the stern. Not quite sure how i could transport it, full, to Pattersons walk ??:crazy:

All CITES legal.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Got a feeling they wont return this week or if they do it will be in very small numbers and maybe smaller fish ? No wind forecast this week either which probably doesnt help. I will give it another go next week.

Expect East Preston will produce one or two hounds before the summers finished .... probably when you least expect them.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could i just add, only positive comments please such as, " i fully expect them to return in vast numbers from tuesday through to sunday and probably only very large females". :thumbs:
Please be aware of these conditions if wishing to make further posts.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Could i just add, only positive comments please such as, " i fully expect them to return in vast numbers from tuesday through to sunday and probably only very large females". :thumbs:

Masterbaiter i fully expect a larger than normal run of excessively pupped up mammas in the next few days probably in excess of 20lb !!As i wont be fishing this week !! Ha Ha .Good luck :victory::victory::fish::fish:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hope they do turn up cos i'm gonna have my first, and probably only crack at them for this year.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Could be a chance of getting out tuesday but not sure whether widewater/ferring or west beach would be the best venue....maybe flip a three sided coin would be the right thing to do ...but seeing as the fish are moving East ..widewater could be the place to go

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Could be a chance of getting out tuesday but not sure whether widewater/ferring or west beach would be the best venue....maybe flip a three sided coin would be the right thing to do ...but seeing as the fish are moving East ..widewater could be the place to go

Best get myself some crab then :g:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Best get myself some crab then :g:
Oh were gonna be fishing aswell ....lol....and i thought it was gonna be a 'who's is biggest on the beach' comp ....lol

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
todays windy conditions could see a chance of 1 or 2 returning .... :fishing:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
todays windy conditions could see a chance of 1 or 2 returning .... :fishing:
Dont fish east preston cause we might upset Baz....cause he owns all the beaches over there so i been told

1 - 12 of 12 Posts