World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After yesterday’s success and with another day off I thought I would try Pink Bay again. I got there a little early today so thought I’d play around with the spinning rod and see if I could tempt a flattie out. So I threw out a 1 ounce ball lead with a running ledger, baited with rag worm into the bay, as it trundled round in the surf rattle rattle, strike, missed. Rebait and out again,rattle rattle fish on, a small eel. Next cast tap tap, pull, strike, fish on, small eyed ray, small but great scrap on the spinning rod. A few more casts and nothing so out with the bigger rods.
A steady stream of fish through the tide again today until high water. Tally today was 4 small eyed, all small, 4 small straps, one thornie and countless dogs, a great day again, the best moment of which was the ray on the spinning rod. Still don’t understand what’s going on with the congers, small I know but 10 in two days when I’ve not caught one there in 30 years. Strange, but that’s fishing.
A few pics.

Attachments

·
Team Loonz
8,189 Posts
Great fishing there.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Great session. Love the se ray in the surf on the light rod. I went there 1 and a half weeks ago and had nothing but bass! Funny how it can change from week to week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts