World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having fished the North Cornwall coast as a lad (early 80's), mainly Tintagel area (former CADSAC and TSAC member), and having been away from fishing for too many years, I now have the opportunity to get back into the sport again with the hope that my two kids (5 & 8) may also get the fishing bug.

I get the chance to fish the Harlyn/Mother Ivey's/Trevose area mainly at weekends in the evenings.

I have relied on my very rusty experience and have limited success in catching the odd mackerel, pollack & gar from the rocks and also managed a couple of school bass from the surf last Autumn.

I realise many of you seasoned posters must get fed up with this kind of request but any advice on methods, baits, marks to fish and tides to pick would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly my experience already has shown me how the fish numbers have declined (either that or I am not fishing as well as I used to!) and everyone I have spoken with says things are not what they used to be.

A clear indication of the effect the commercial boys have had on stocks.

·
Banned
44,186 Posts
Sadly my experience already has shown me how the fish numbers have declined (either that or I am not fishing as well as I used to!) and everyone I have spoken with says things are not what they used to be.

A clear indication of the effect the commercial boys have had on stocks.
Don't forget to add global warming and plastic pollution into the equation as well!

Best advice I can give is to experiment with hook size as there does seem to be a lot of smaller stuff close in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts