World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shall be fishing Rhosniger beach next sunday, has anyone fished there recently? if so did you catch anything and would be my best approach to the beach. i know it is a shallow beach and a reasonable cast needed.

i am going to try for rays at this mark.

thanx

:) :) :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
To the right hand side of the beach is pretty clear and sandy and to the left is much alike with the odd scattering of rocks. I fished here in early july on a ebb tide daytime and blanked. Catches from here include - whiting - coalies - doggies - bass - pollack - thornbacks - mackeral, yes you can get a good variety of species from here. Best at night so i'am told.

OVERALL.
This beach is very popular for winsurfers and holiday makers so be warned it gets packed.

as you come into the square, you will see on your right a spar shop turn right there then next left beach is in front of you.

gets very weedy at times also.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Rubberfrog, There are much better marks than the beach for Rays further along the south coast there are rock marks called Ty Croes and cable bay where you will greatly improve your chances of rays. The beach is best fished on the flood most likly species this time of year are schoolies an gurnards.

·
Registered
168 Posts
rma hows them dogs doing :D :D :D 3 weeks and will be down to fish that plaice mark!

take the advice mate it's good info. also a good bass beach is behind RAF valley if you can find your way there.fish the 1st hour of the flood at the mouth and move down as the tide gets bigger don't leave your rod either :D .

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
ty croes for ray's low water into darkness, the flatter the better, the longer your cast the better. can get a bit crowded when the conditions are right.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers guys, i have fished ty croes and cable bay a number of times and had good fishing from both, the reason i ask about rhosniger is that i have a comp there on sunday.

rma would you say the right or left side of the beach is the better to fish?

thanks for the advice

:)

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
hi the best place is on the right towards the sandy beach,there is a lot of jetskies up there.shaggy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts