World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and Shane B fished Rhossili on Wednesday morning from low water to high. We set up to the right of the Hevestia wreck and armed with fresh peeler we were hoping to get our 1st bass of the year.No such luck, very dissapointing day with only a handfull of bites between us all day, I blanked and shane b managed 2 flatties a small flounder and we're not sure what the other one is. I'd be greatfull if someone could tell us.

Onto last night myself and the Codfather fished the centre of Oxwich beach from just after low water untill 1am. Excellent nights fishing it was full on from the start with good bites coming along minutes after casting. My first cast produced a double hit of dogfish and another flattie that i couldn't identify (again help would be appreciated). The Codfathers first cast produced a stunning 5.5lb smoothie and that was quickly follwed by another of around 2.5lb. He also lost another much bigger fish around 40 yards out, we could see it racing across the surface it had to be another hound. Carried on fishing well most of the night, but couldn't get through the dogfish. We left at 1am with it still fishing well and got home 3am this morning.

Tight lines all........

Attachments

·
Team Hr jones
5,840 Posts
Myself and Shane B fished Rhossili on Wednesday morning from low water to high. We set up to the right of the Hevestia wreck and armed with fresh peeler we were hoping to get our 1st bass of the year.No such luck, very dissapointing day with only a handfull of bites between us all day, I blanked and shane b managed 2 flatties a small flounder and we're not sure what the other one is. I'd be greatfull if someone could tell us.

Onto last night myself and the Codfather fished the centre of Oxwich beach from just after low water untill 1am. Excellent nights fishing it was full on from the start with good bites coming along minutes after casting. My first cast produced a double hit of dogfish and another flattie that i couldn't identify (again help would be appreciated). The Codfathers first cast produced a stunning 5.5lb smoothie and that was quickly follwed by another of around 2.5lb. He also lost another much bigger fish around 40 yards out, we could see it racing across the surface it had to be another hound. Carried on fishing well most of the night, but couldn't get through the dogfish. We left at 1am with it still fishing well and got home 3am this morning.

Tight lines all........
cracking night well done on the hounds never caght one myself ,does oxwich fish in daylight early morning

M

·
0 Posts

Tight lines all........
nice sess mate:clap3:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Down Oxwich most of the flatties are usually dabs, but you do get plaice, small turbot and flounders down there.

Looking at the double shot i'd say its a dab.

M

·
0 Posts
Down Oxwich most of the flatties are usually dabs, but you do get plaice, small turbot and flounders down there.

Looking at the double shot i'd say its a dab.
yes it is a dab 100% sorry i didnt read your thread write:)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers lads whats your opinions on the flattie from rhossili? (1st pic).

Wyting - cant really help you much with Oxwich m8, thats the first time ive fished there in 20 years. Used to fish the right hand point with my uncle as a kiddie we would get mackie, pollack, bass and even the odd conger but it might be different now.

·
Team Hr jones
5,840 Posts

Wyting - cant really help you much with Oxwich m8, thats the first time ive fished there in 20 years. Used to fish the right hand point with my uncle as a kiddie we would get mackie, pollack, bass and even the odd conger but it might be different now.
thanks for that bet u will be going again nice pics nice fish might give it a bash in morning thanks again

·
Registered
12,181 Posts

I would say its a flounder, the flounder down there do tend to have very orange spots & people mistake them for plaice, but the fin rays on the tail, & the lack of tubicles on the head are the giveaway, so I reckon flounder mate;)
blueskip

·
Registered
2,690 Posts

Tight lines all........
good sesh there lads well done:clap3:TIGHT LINES

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
well in there guys - fantastic fishing!
well done on the first hounds aswell!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Gents, first time to post a message/request. Up graded from a Wilson Flyer to A MK1 Warrior 165 and out on Sunday (weather permitting). Recently bought 2 down riggers from the US (Sports troll) and aim to fish bass and hound from Pwll du to Oxwich. Has anyone used them successfully? If so what speed, depth and lure?

Hounds at anchor with peeler or soft crab bound or at the drift?

Bass on mackeral or live eel - depth and drift patterns?

Any help with the above would be gratefully accepted - Anyone wishing to meet up email [email protected] or post a reply

Happy hunting

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
well in lads, good to see some happy faces!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Well done to the codfather! The grin just about sums it up : "A Classic HAJ" Bravo!......and to fish at night....well thats "Stealth" Bravo!

Did you set up "Bongo-Towers" as a base camp?

Bet it was a great session!

tight Lines,

Nick

1 - 20 of 22 Posts