World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I was hoping to fish around Rhossili on Saturday night, I’m going to park near worms head hotel, could some one point me in the rite direct for fishing ?? Many thanks Neil also where would be the closest bait shop ??

·
Registered
495 Posts
Its more of a "where would be safest" at night down by worms head ! - I Certainly wouldn't want to fish the causeway to worms head in the dark .
the Ledges to the right on the way out to the worm would be O.K with a headlamp & a lot of caution going down & back up !
But in my opinion it would have to be the beach ( especially after dark ;) ) I would use fresh worm or razor fish .
all the best :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its more of a "where would be safest" at night down by worms head ! - I Certainly wouldn't want to fish the causeway to worms head in the dark .
the Ledges to the right on the way out to the worm would be O.K with a headlamp & a lot of caution going down & back up !
But in my opinion it would have to be the beach ( especially after dark ;) ) I would use fresh worm or razor fish .
all the best :)
Thank you for the info, would you recommend somewhere different or would you say just give the beach a go? Many thanks Neil.

·
Team Hr jones
5,870 Posts
Beach is fishing well for gg mullet, could also pick up bass flounder and sole.you can get maddies from country stores in gowerton that's all you'll need.
Just follow the steps behind the hotel down to the beach.fish lite don't cast to far and keep mobile..

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Stay off the ledges if you have not fished them before, poor weather this weekend so they will be slippery swell might be large and windy too, as other good advice has said beach would be best.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help, I’ll try my luck on the beach, it’s those bloody steeps I’m not looking forward too, I remember them from my surfing days. Many thanks all, Neil

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
Don't risk the worm or causeway....Park down in hill end caravan site mate a couple o quid all day. And walk the path through the dunes it's relatively flat apart from a little incline at the end. it's the same beach.

G

·
Hi all, I was hoping to fish around Rhossili on Saturday night, I’m going to park near worms head hotel, could some one point me in the rite direct for fishing ?? Many thanks Neil also where would be the closest bait shop ??
Hi Neil
Try the beach..the path is not too bad on the way down..its getting back up with a big bag of fish I find hard:laugh:
Serious tho I just stop 2 or 3 times on the way back up to the car park
Get some nice maddies from Brian in county stores gowerton..also half pound of blow lug and feed them onto a 2/0 Aberdeen and up the line to make a large juicy lug bait for the bass..enjoy it!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the info team !!!!

Would be nice if we could all do a meet one day, and see each other face to face. Many thanks Neil.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts