World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Just joined the site although have been reading for a while, nice to have up to date info on areas that can be reached and tried without to much hassle.
From Porthcawl so tend to fish the Pier and Newton beach a lot, been really quiet lately (especially when I've been there) although heard today that the rocks off Rest Bay have been producing loads of small turbot and a few schoolies, all off mackerel strip.
If anyone has any info on my area would be grateful. :

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Rich,
Welcome, I'm fishing Porthcawl Pier monday afternoon with about 8 mates, any tips on hot spots or anything relevant would be appreciated. Its a work comp, friendly comp at that, it's just about getting out and learning off each other. Got about 20 members in our little club. We try to fish a diffrent venues each month.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
blue yonder said:
Hi Rich,
Welcome, I'm fishing Porthcawl Pier monday afternoon with about 8 mates, any tips on hot spots or anything relevant would be appreciated. Its a work comp, friendly comp at that, it's just about getting out and learning off each other. Got about 20 members in our little club. We try to fish a diffrent venues each month.
From Rich, fishing out to sea is best off the top, if you can get on the end there is a tide rip and a worm bed, sand bar about 80 to 100yds out, some nice cod were picked up there last year. Fishing into the bay is ok bu mainly whiting and pout.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Beware of the swells if you fish Porthcawl Pier, my wife's workmate's son got washed off there last year, & although they got him out he was in a coma for ages.
He still isn't right now, & somebody was saying the other day about their sphincter muscles twitching there the other week in the swells, it only takes 5 mins to make a clip-on safety rope (but make sure you put it round your waist not round your neck) !
blueskip

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'll b taking the weather into consideration b4 fishing the pier, hopefully it'll improve for monday. Thanks for the tips Rich and blue skip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts