World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With today off and seeing Stuzzers report of a decent ray catch I thought i'd have a bash after work.

I chose Branksome as its local and probably gave me a decent shout of a plaice (can't beat em...join em?)

Got down to find a shedload of slipper limpet everywhere, which for a beach like branksome i thought was strange, what was stranger was they were full ones and in very dry bits of sand...but still moist. So in the bucket those went for some bait.

Conditions were like a bath when I arrived so I wasn't hopeful, but with the slipper on the beach I thought it might had been partially active, i set up by one of the groynes and got the gear out.

Such a nice evening and luckily none of the Tom Hanks wannabe paddle boards crossed my path.

It was slow as anything....summed up by one measly pout that ended up dead when I came back in and a slug and that was it.

The night started off clear as a bell, i could see all the way down to Southbourne (thinking I should had maybe tried there haha), to see it vanish! The mist rolled in and that was it...it was about as thick as my fishing brain for the night.

I guess last night would had been a scratching night, but I didn't have the patients and wanted something bigger...it just isn't the same after getting bigger fish haha.

I felt my way back to the car and will end up hoovering sand off the car now on me day off haha

Tight Lines

·
I'M PROBABLY SICK OF IT
13,642 Posts
Glad you enjoyed Blanksome mate , generally full of small stuff around that area this time of year

·
Registered
18 Posts
I fish with him too. I had a small flounder about half a pound.

·
Registered
600 Posts
fished the end of steamer point last night pout, flounder, whitting and of cause rockling good nights fishing, could not sea the endof the rod for fog.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts