World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

does anyone anchor out the front of their Raider Fisherman? If so can you still close the hatch??

I hope this doesnt sound like a daft question it was easy enough on my Cuddy version but I was wandering if I would need to use a lazy line from in the boat.

Regards Scott,.

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
Yip,
should say Raider anchoring!!!!
If you store your anchor warp in the cabin anchor locker then no.
Use the Alderney method & deploy & retrieve your anchor from the safety of the deck & use the power of the engine to retrieve :victory::victory::victory:
I used to use a lazy line with my Alderney set up but haven"t for a couple of years now :thumbs:

headlight

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yip....happy with using Alderney and lazy line. I would have liked to have used the anchor hold to save deck space rather than having a basket as I need to use the 600 ft when skate fishing.

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
Yip....happy with using Alderney and lazy line. I would have liked to have used the anchor hold to save deck space rather than having a basket as I need to use the 600 ft when skate fishing.
A tub on deck shouldn"t take up too much space.
I have 220m of 10mm warp & 10m of 8mm chain in my tub.
I have it secured against my helm seat pedestal & when the seat is spun round to face backwards half the tub is under the seat :victory:

headlight

1 - 8 of 8 Posts