World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, hoping to be there doing some fishing next week - had some great advice so far to get me started - cheers馃憤
Was wondering what rigs you would use off the pier/shore here?
Cheers folks. I鈥檒l let you know how it goes.

Registered
Nothing fancy, best to use a simple single paternoster/Pennel or Pully with big hooks and bring plenty of leads for the rotton bottoms. Expect to lose leads. The best way to think about losing leads is you dont want to carry them all back as your fish bag should be heavy enough. Best of luck.

Registered
Fish the east coast quite alot and never really use rotten bottoms, sure u might get ur fish back but with a decent rig (60/70lb) and with a good yank you get your gear back anyway,20/30 lb rotten bottom and you probably lose your weights almost every cast if stuck,all about what you prefer really

Premium Member
I had my personal best cod from gourdon round about 2010
using a simple paternoster, 6/0 pennel, although some people dont like a pennel over rough ground as its just something else to snag,

you use whatever works for u, the cod aint fussy and as Burnie says, try the harbour

Good Luck Matey

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I still haven鈥檛 had a chance to fish鈥.- been decorating like a lunatic jealously watching people fish from the pier (seems to be a few rigs being lost too鈥). Back down to Wales to get more stuff tomorrow but I鈥檒l be out there as soon as I get back. Cheers 馃憤馃憤

1 - 8 of 8 Posts