World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Fish there myself. the bottom is rocks rocks and more rock. Used a sliding float rig. most of the fish are small so a size 8 hook will be fine. Also took a lure rod some nice barracudas to lures. I fished of the rocks that the locals call crab island ( its not an island just some rocks jutting out into the sea)
Funny enough cheese paste was the best bait dont know why. But thats what they were all using.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
The little black beach is sand sand and more sand.Have snorkle around by day to see whats about,then fish for them when the bathers go.Fri and Sat nights is when the locals go,so can be busy.Large Rays come close in at night(50lb+) so don`t cast to far,Just an under arm plop,10yds at the most, Sardine on a bigish hook,Crush the barb plse:yeah:and use a bronze hook,case you lose it,But should`nt.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Not realy into size`s,Big enough to thead a small sardine on,Or half a large one.Could use heavy mono,But I use coated wire.The beach is on the right as you go down the hill behind the bars.If I remember right,I had to get my sardines(frozen) in a supermarket in Santiago,Thats the town next door,It`s right up the hill as you leave the other side on the left.
There used to be some Bass on the beach aswell which I caught on silver plugs (4in) casting along the surf line.If you see any while snorkling they can be cauhgt at night,Thats if the spanish have`nt eaten them all.:bangin:
The one`s I had were cuckoo rays but watch out for any Stingers as they are about in numbers.
There are a few boats that go out from there,Might be worth a go,There are hardley any Tuna around this year and even less Sailfish so bottom fishing is the way to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.