World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Team Banter
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering how meticulous people are with there rigs and bait presentation. over the last few week's I've seen anglers on the beach with rigs and baits that I would never feel confident in fishing. is it just me or are others very particular with their rig and bait presentation

·
Team Hr jones
5,868 Posts
I'm very particular with my rigs but they are very simple, I don't make loads just to keep I more often make them depending on where im going andconditions e.g. what i think tide pull will be like , weed and if it's rough etc.

As for bait, get it aero dynamic I never got dangly bits hanging out lol..
I like to put a whole squid on a certain way which as done me good and defo made a difference...it's my number 1 bait for last 2 years..

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I’m very particular Andrew.. I think it makes the world of difference a specially when the fishing is slow. I found over clean ground a pulley dropper is doing better than a standard pulley. Some people just chuck the bait on any old shape.
Here’s some of mine all neatly presented. Mackey fillet, sandeel and bluey wrap in the pictures.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,100 Posts
I think you've seen plenty of my bait ups ( posted here ) over the years. Yes I am very particular.
As for rigs... much the same. Rig bodies measured, hook lengths all the same but in varying lengths. Any damages replaced with identical replacement.
I learnt a long time ago, that if you look after your kit it looks after you and doesn't let you down

I think they call it ........ OCD on steroids.

Reactions: foreshore fisher

·
Registered
367 Posts
I like my rigs to be neat and bait the same but I’m not over the top with it ...I work on the seabed as a welder and over the last 10 years I’ve watched all cod and other fish and I can honestly tell you the fish won’t give a **** if it’s well presented at all but it’s mainly done so it’s easier to cast.. I also know a friend of mine who throws his bait on any old way and he’s has some decent fish haha if there hungry there going to eat it regardless of what it looks like or what rig it’s on

Reactions: foreshore fisher
1 - 6 of 6 Posts