World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought myself, for a reasonable price via ebay a Fladen 14 Pocket Deluxe Rig Wallet. The ten slide seal rig sleeves inside can be added to or removed by way of a ring binder style attachment. There is plenty of room inside to add more sleeves but that is where my problem is, I cannot find anywhere that sells them. I have searched the net over and over again, sent emails to various tackle suppliers without reply. Please can any of you guys help?

Cheers
Arct... :eek:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello mate,
try this - get yourself down to Tesco & buy some of their Plastic zip seal sandwich bags - ones with the sliding "lock" on them like a zip.

Buy a hole punch or simply pierce the bag as required - buy some hole re-inforcers from any stationers.

Jobs a good one!

Should have been on Blue Peter me!

B

·
0 Posts
Before you add extra plastic sleeves you should fill the ones you have first,as you might find that there is no spare room when they're full!:)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wallet is a reasonable size and has 2 zipped pockets inside + 2 zipped pockets on the outside. The plastic sleeves are all full and there is still plenty of room for more. I just thought that keeping all my rigs in one wallet would be easier.
On one of the sites I have been on the product write up states that 'More sleeves can be added' so I would imagine that they are available somewhere. The wallet is Fladen but the manufacturer is stated as YYS. Does anyone know who or what YYS is?

Sandwich bags would be good but are they strong enough? I suppose I could take a butty or two with me. That would be quite unique 'a rig/butty wallet'

Cheers
Arct... :(

·
Registered
1,257 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Folks,

I use the plastic money bags that the banks use for change. I mark them up and keep them in a plastic waterproof box.

I also have a couple of Veals Wallets. You can buy the extra inserts for them.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Gents
Some excellent ideas that I have taken on board. The sleeves in this wallet are made of a slightly thicker polythene than in other wallets that I have had, so I would like to try and get the same ones if possible. It may turn out that they will be more expensive than the wallet itself as is often the case with extras.
Thanks for the pointer to YYS Drew, I have just emailed them now, so I will let you know the outcome.
Thanks everyone - help is always appreciated
Cheers
Arct... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts