World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright lads,im a keen fisherman 4 agood few years now and like to think i know abit but theres one thing i cant get right when i make rigs i carefully curle them up put them in small plastic rig bags and store in wallet when i take them out normally at about 2.00am with a stong easterly blown in my face i seem 2 spend more time undoing tangles before i even start fishing has anyone got any tips that can spare me this shambles please help.

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
If you pop into your local tackle shop and ask for pole rig winders. They are plastic winders for pole anglers to put rigs on, but the big ones are perfick for sea rigs. Have a look and see what you think. I use them for my rigs. Clip the swivel on to your leader link and wind off the rig and voila. No tangles. :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
You seem to have the clue in your name there mate.

If you go to a plumers and buy some of the spongy plastic stuff that they put round pipes to protect them in the winter you can wind the rigs round those.
Dig the hooks into the sponge to secure them in place until you need them.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hello pipes,
have you seen the last sea angler mag ? if so have you would have seen an article on one of the forum members Barry or Blankin barry as he is known :)

He uses beer mats to wind his rigs around before he puts them in his wallet,it works. And the big plus side is you gotta go to the pub to get them ;)

G

·
Carp anglers use cork(??) rig boards! Or cast off estate agents signs might make a good alternative! The advantage of that system is that the rig is kept taught

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Anyone tried undoing the greased weasel tapered leaders,,great leaders,,nightmare to undo.
I use the Varivas now as they come on a spool :)

G

·
I used to use tapered, great for 12' and 13' rods with the reel in normal position, but my rod is 13' 6" and I cast reel down, I would be trusting to luck if the line still on the reel was strong enough, small knots though!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Freezer/food bag ties also get my vote.

A similar product can be purchased from garden centres - you get a big roll of it for a few pennies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts