World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>anyone know a decent web site with info on how to make rigs for mackerel etc,

i&#39;m talking about the ones that have feathers/foil//etc,

also anyone know on the net where i can get info on casting spinners?

also know any sites with good info on beachcasting?
etc how to cast, etc,</font>

·
Registered
50 Posts
<font color='#000080'>You could try getting a copy of "The Sea Anglers Guide To Bait And Rigs". Its a good book, shows you how to make &nbsp;all the rigs you will ever need including a string of feathers. Gives good advice on baits to. All for about £7, money well spent me thinks.</font>

&

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>New to the game, (fishing and chatting on the web) &nbsp;If you have a book to recommend, could you include the I.S.B.N. (International Standard Book Number) Numbers along the bottom of the Barcode. &nbsp;Include spaces, helps a lot when ordering books. Cheers, Tony.</font>

·
Registered
50 Posts
<font color='#000080'>Indeed it does. Totally slipped my mind but here it is, The Sea Anglers Guide To Bait and Rigs ISBN 0-9533087-0-7</font>

·
Registered
25 Posts
<font color='#000000'>the guide to bait and rigs helped me alot when i started out sea fishing, so i reccomend that too.
another good one in the Sea Angler series is the Sea Angler&#39;s Guide To Top Marks ISBN 0-9533087-9-0.
it tells you about fishing venues all across england scotland and wales, with tackle/bait advice aswell as the nearest bait shops and some good pictures.</font>

&

·
0 Posts
<font color='#0000FF'>I saw things with spangly bits on in the window of the tackle shop. &nbsp;Used my knowledge of tying trout fishing flies (seems from a thousand years ago) and made my own up out of &#39;Walkers Crips Packets -cut into strips, bound onto the hook and trimmed of as the need arose, AND THEY WORKED&#33; &nbsp;I think the phylosophy is "give vent to your inventive ideas"&#33; &nbsp;You never know,you may hit on something wonderfull and stuff the lottery&#33; &nbsp;Cheers, Tony.</font>

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I recently saw a post (may have been on this site&#33;) where a chap used the foil bag out of a 3 ltr box of wine to cut into shaped pieces and make his mackeral lures.

#### good idea I thought, as the foil out of one of these would probably last quite a while.

I was keen on the bit about emptying the box in the first place in the preparation phase.</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts