rigs

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  flounder_al 
#1 ·
i am haveing trouble makingrigs that work
can you please give me a list of what to buy and how to make some
thanks

#2 ·
Hi Beefcake,

What sort of fishing do you go in for? Boat, uptiding, downtiding - Pier etc.
You say your rod is 9ft long, what rod is it.

Please give us a little more information and you will be inundated with help.

Cheers

Drew

#4 ·
A good idea might be to look for Mustad and Gemini ready rigs in your local tackle shop. For starters get some two and three hook flappers and a boom/scratching rig. These will catch fish and give you an idea about rig design. Your dealer should be able to give you lots of advice and point you at the right bits to get. If he isn't too busy he might even show you how to put a trace together. If he isn't particularly helpful go elsewhere if you can. New anglers are the most important people in our sport and should be shown respect by the dealers/pushers that make a living off us.

Rhod.

G
#5 ·
I make alot of my own rigs and also buy some from a local tackle shop so i can copy them. Also i have found that you can get many cheap but good rigs from ebay. I have a few suppliers in my faves and they continually supply good quality rigs.
All in all it is a better experience though if you make your own and catch with them. Hence why i tie my own from designs from either magazines or websites.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.