World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just walked the hound from hell on chesil ferrybridge end. Well never seen anything like it on chesil befor. Amongst the seaweed along the strand lines were seamice and lots of fish, wrass of all sorts, rockling up to a foot long, lots of blennys, lots of tiny sole a johndorry, a greater sandeel. Out at sea past the breakers hundreds of gulls were on the feed all along the beach. Also lots of dead seabirds on the beach. In short chesil has had the guts ripped out of it and could take a very long time to recover. :cry:

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
Just walked the hound from hell on chesil ferrybridge end. Well never seen anything like it on chesil befor. Amongst the seaweed along the strand lines were seamice and lots of fish, wrass of all sorts, rockling up to a foot long, lots of blennys, lots of tiny sole a johndorry, a greater sandeel. Out at sea past the breakers hundreds of gulls were on the feed all along the beach. Also lots of dead seabirds on the beach. In short chesil has had the guts ripped out of it and could take a very long time to recover. :cry:
Hmm, I would imagine the bass will be in close gorging on that lot, plus a few other large fishes....?

Mother nature is resilient, despite how it looks I doubt the damage to the eco system is as bad as first appears?

Not as bad as say, a trawler ripping its way along the beach, for example... :g:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, I would imagine the bass will be in close gorging on that lot, plus a few other large fishes....?

Mother nature is resilient, despite how it looks I doubt the damage to the eco system is as bad as first appears?

Not as bad as say, a trawler ripping its way along the beach, for example... :g:
A trawler ripping its way along the beach is but a tiny speck compared to the devastation that has befallen chesil. But she will recover.....in the end

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
A trawler ripping its way along the beach is but a tiny speck compared to the devastation that has befallen chesil. But she will recover.....in the end
I wonder if anything will be left of the Ferrybridge wrecks?

Not that I could cast that far anyway, but there was always the hope of stragglers.... :unsure:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We walked back on the fleet side, the tide was out. The hound from hell found a fish in weed by the fleet, it was a good size herring left high and dry, on closer inspection it was still alive. How the hell it got there I have no idea......

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
We walked back on the fleet side, the tide was out. The hound from hell found a fish in weed by the fleet, it was a good size herring left high and dry, on closer inspection it was still alive. How the hell it got there I have no idea......
Probably tried to evolve wings in a last ditch bid to stay ahead of the storm... :laugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts