World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spent last weekend moving the boat from her old home on the Thames to her new home on the Blackwater.

What's the Blackwater like for fishing action? Boat/shore?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Just spent last weekend moving the boat from her old home on the Thames to her new home on the Blackwater.

What's the Blackwater like for fishing action? Boat/shore?
I fish the Northern shore of the Blackwater a lot, from Mersea right into Maldon. There are a lot of Scollie bass with some bigger ones mixed in, loads of mullet which so far I have found hard to catch, I have had a Tub gurnard from inbetween Heybrigdge and Maldon and was told that you can get quite a few of them in tha summer. I understand that you also get Stingray during the summer, but yet to confirm that. The further down the estuary you get you will find that the better the weather and the lighter the winds the better the fishing will be. Baits I find best are ragworm and squid, but I have been told that maggots are a killer bait for the mullet.
When you get out onto the saltings and the saltmarsh areas it is one of the nicest places I know to fish and the fact that you usually get a few makes it near perfect.
As for boat fishing the men you want to hear from is Urlybird, essex Angler and I think Aquabel, they are the local experts.
Look forward to seeing you around

1 - 2 of 2 Posts