World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after a day litter picking with my work mates as a volenteer type day cleaning up the harbour and beach at southwold I couldn’t resist popping the rods In and having a quick go in the river afterwards! So with 1/4 of rag and my pike rod with some fun float gear on and a cheeky wee lure rod I popped down the river an hour before high, the bass were biting well on both lure and float but all tiny-small ones nothing over 30cm, plenty hitting the surface though! Then after high I gave it an hour of the ebb and after the float twitched then went under I pulled up this little treat! And a small edible crab but he popped off!
The first I’ve ever had so I’m happy and the first I’ve ever heard of from the river!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been fishing in Southwold for nearly 40 years and never EVER heard of a wrasse being caught here... Congratulations. Sounds like great fishing. Thanks for the litter picking too!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Lovely fish.
Was this above the pedestrian bridge? I'm staying by Southwold harbour for a few nights next month and I'm thinking about where I'll have a go at fishing.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Not too surprised about the wrasse as there are lots in Lowestoft harbour, so guess Southwold should hold some.
Nice to see anyway and nice to catch something different, well done.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been fishing in Southwold for nearly 40 years and never EVER heard of a wrasse being caught here... Congratulations. Sounds like great fishing. Thanks for the litter picking too!
I’ve been fishing it for 15 years and had my suspicions but never proven them, I’ve had a few unexpected catches for a fast river, I’ve got a few more suspicions to prove as yet!
and yes it was good to collect the litter, we ended up with 18 bags, the harbour was horrendous, but a little better now! 👍

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Lovely fish that, well pleased for you boi, as following that joint blank we experienced the other evening, you deserved a reward.

Great job on the litter pick Mike and Co. 👏👍

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Lovely little fish. I cant speak for Suffolk Rivers but there numbers on Norfolk Wrecks has increased by getting on for 100% in 10 years.

Reactions: Bluejacket
1 - 9 of 9 Posts