World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking at a ship tracker app (see attached pic)and noticed a dredger working the river camel. It's chugging up and down and I was wondering if it improves angling opportunities or buggers it up. Would be interested in locals input to see if it's worth chasing and casting into its wake if you're nearby with some fishing gear.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,049 Posts
The dredger is called Sandsnipe. the work it does causes the Sandeel to be stunned, the bass know the noise of the dredger and home in on it.
I fish off the harbour wall at Padsta, and when Sandy passes its out with the frozen Sandeel alongside and behind it asap. :)

Believe me, there isnt much that the local anglers dont know about the river and its residents.

Dave

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dredger is called Sandsnipe. the work it does causes the Sandeel to be stunned, the bass know the noise of the dredger and home in on it.
I fish off the harbour wall at Padsta, and when Sandy passes its out with the frozen Sandeel alongside and behind it asap. :)

Believe me, there isnt much that the local anglers dont know about the river and its residents.

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your informative reply, I suspected as much. I suppose it's logical as spock would say, Sandsnipe chewing up and spitting out sandeels must provide a bonanza and I can see why you target it when operating. Cheers

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Not long to my annual coupe of weeks at Rock. Have watched Sandsnipe for many years and have also watched the locals in the boats following and fishing alongside. Like Dave says its a magnet whatever time of day or night its out.. and gulls work under the spotlights.
I normally fish from the north shore of the estuary so not close enough to benefit from it but the activity around it is evidence to the fishy interest it provokes:):):)

Cheers
Musky

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Didn't realise it operated at night. So I Just checked the marine traffic app I got and set up an alert and straight away it bleeped and showed Sandsnipe out right now at the time of this reply. Cool app to have if you're one of the few local enough to get out and reap the Sandsnipes harvest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts