World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the crouch from 5 till 10pm nothing big just 2 small codling, 2 school bass and a couple of pin whiting. Was just using lug and mackerel, could not find any peelers in the rocks wich would have been my first choice. Will try again sunday night on a bigger tide.

15,082 Posts
Fished the crouch from 5 till 10pm nothing big just 2 small codling, 2 school bass and a couple of pin whiting. Was just using lug and mackerel, could not find any peelers in the rocks wich would have been my first choice. Will try again sunday night on a bigger tide.
You missed out on the Roker by not using Herring baits!

Ron

·
Registered
724 Posts
Herring & King Rag, King Rag & Herring - thats the bait what ever way you want to say it.

The Bass are there and feeding well, you also will pick up the roker on this coctail, whole king rag (10 inch plus worms - pennell hooked ) tipped with 1/3 Herring fillet.

Cast out and hold on!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot herring baits, left them in the fridge, so had to buy something from supermarket and dug lug from the flats. I was fishing holliwel point by the bunker. Am going again tonight but with the herring and lug. May try a different spot, any advice will be helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts