World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After trying out the Holliwell area last bank holiday for 12 hours carpeting the river bed with Herring chunks and whole squid and catching bugger all other than a suntan and hoardes of crabs.Andy and myself decided to persevere and went again Last night on a bigger tide and fished from low up to high water at a secret spot that everyone seems to know about. Bought 5 packs of frozen Herring and some Big King Rag dug off Canvey. Lovely evening light northerly off our backs flat calm. nothing much happened for the first 2.5 hours of flood other than crabs and a few small codlets on the bass rod with Rag. Then I got first good bite of the night more of a Pulse on the rod tip than your classic pull down, we both watched the rod tip for another few minutes contemplating then I decided to wind down into it. Thought id pulled into one of the mud ledges at first but then it started to move about, Had a right struggle for 5-10 mins eventually got the fish about 5 yards out when it rolled and dived into all the seaweed. stuck. Andy only had walking boots on and couldnt quite reach it so I decided it was worth getting wet for so waded in grabbed whatever i could and pulled out my first shore roker. After going mental for 5 mins with high fives a plenty Weighed the fish 9lb 3oz on Herring chunk Pulley rig and 3/0 varivas big mouth. Bloody chuffed didnt stop shaking for 10 mins. We both reloaded Herring on all rods but No more bites all evening. Took photos on my phone and normal camera on the night plus some pics this morning at home with the wifes digital so as soon as i can suss out how to to download them they will be posted for the benefit of any doubting Thomas's out there.

C

·
0 Posts
Well done Flo. Get a pic on the speccie list and you will be the leader for the shore caught roker
Terry

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I thought about keeping it quiet but duty calls and it was my first one

Flo, he was replying to my post which I made cos you've knocked me off the specimin list, again, well done, but...... I hate you I hate you I hate you!! ;););)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Flo, he was replying to my post which I made cos you've knocked me off the specimin list, again, well done, but...... I hate you I hate you I hate you!! ;););)
Sorry Juan still a bit excited didnt read it properly, apologies for knocking you off the top spot but i reckon there a double figure one out there for someone else to catch. Going to try and download the pics at home tonight email them to my Cuz Ryan who should be able to post it over next day or so.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Sorry Juan still a bit excited didnt read it properly, apologies for knocking you off the top spot but i reckon there a double figure one out there for someone else to catch. Going to try and download the pics at home tonight email them to my Cuz Ryan who should be able to post it over next day or so.

Looking forward to the pics:)

I will be heading back to the Crouch in the next week or two so maybe that double will come my way!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts