World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supposed to be out on the Marlin off canvey today but inclement weather caused the skipper to call it off, so went mob handed to :secret: Holliwell mark with Andy M Andy V and Cuz Ryan armed with loads of Herring. Fish didnt show in numbers but 3rd cast hada great bite and after a bit of a struggle Andy plucked one from the seaweed, so get that list changed to 9lb 12oz shore caught roker. Only ray of the day unfortunatley, lots of pics taken Cuz should be putting some on over the next day or so well pleased cant be many venue's in the country that are fishing so well for the thornies, had 3 in 3 trips 5lb, 9lb 3oz and 9lb 12oz. Same pulley rig set up and herring chunk as bait shame i was only one to get one all of us fished within 50 yard stretch of each other. Quite a few people round there today dont know whether any more were caught. Will all be going back there soon.:)

15,082 Posts
We saw you all there,we went past in a yellow Pro charter 28.We was in the middle deeps to start..Shocking weather! Came back in the river and was more or less opposite Hollywell Point.Useless!...I've renamed it ''Hollyweed point'' I thought I'd turned into a gardner:uhuh:
We should of known before we went,done it to many years to know the weather wouldn't be horrendous!....You allways hope though:)
Well done on the latest roker :clap3:

Ron

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers gents may be a day or so before ryan posts the pics went down the Prince of Wales in stow maries afterwards had more than a few Ales, he didnt look capable of downloading anything when we left.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hi Flo / Jaff

Im out down S Fambridge tomorrow morning to fish the 2 hours down and up from low tide. Will have 1 Roker and 1 Bass rod out so will do my best but dont think anyone will top your Roker from the last trip. I live 1 minute from S Fambridge and keep my ear to the ground about Roker and thats the best ive heard off for some time. I saw an 11lb 5 oz caught from S Fambridge but that was 2001 so hats off to you chaps thats good fishing.

The Crouch aint worth touching after a rain fall so hope the rain holds off till mid day and ill have soom good news.

Well done

·
Registered
171 Posts
Nice one Flo. I was there with my daughter and had no luck this time !!
We fished the last few hours of the flood only as fishing the ebb is usually impossible along there.
Oh by the way I am ANDYT63 on www.sea-fishing.org

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice one Flo. I was there with my daughter and had no luck this time !!
We fished the last few hours of the flood only as fishing the ebb is usually impossible along there.
Oh by the way I am ANDYT63 on www.sea-fishing.org
Andy saw there were a few others further down is that where you had those 2 from it seems that they appear at different times all along that stretch of river. You had yours in the 2 hours leading up to high tide and we havent had a fish after 3 hours up to high tide where we were.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi Flo.
We usually use the same mark. It has been good in the past and no snags. But boy does the tide run on the ebb!!
Mind you we fished about 4 1/2 hours up to the high today and suffered the wind and rain all to no avail. Not a switch & Crabs a nightmare.
So 2 blanks in 2 days. You cant win `em all I suppose.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hi

I fished my fav mark today and had 7 bass, biggest 2lb 3oz and the rest about 1-1 3/4 lb. It was terrible though, the Roker rod did not move accept when a codling about 10inch long took my crab and herring cocktail big enough to lure moby dick.

The bass rod was hetic from 8.00am through to 10.30 ish then all went gloomey, quiet and got very wet.

All signs to say it will be a good bass season as i have had good numbers and fair sizes for the last few weeks.

Chin up and keep going

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hey Guy's,

As Lol (Flo) said fished the :secret: mark again and yes he done it again! this time on around his third cast only he landed a Roker of 9lb 12!!!! (the jammy bu**er :kissing: ) The female Ray took a herring chunk fished on a pully rig and put up a good scrap until landed with the help of Andy.

Was a great day and a bit of a blast from the past it being around 20yrs since the 4 of us have fished from the shore together!!!!

Anyhow as Lol said heres the pics.

Regards to you all Ryan.

Attachments

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Cuz, picture not come out too bad shame I've got me eyes closed. Good drink down the Prince of Wales after!!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hey Cuz,

Ive got a few more but that was the only one i had resized to post!

Was a great drink could have stayed all night no problem!

See you soon mate and well done again.

Jaff :kissing:

·
Registered
465 Posts
:)
Brings back memories of the Cuckoos Nest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey H,

the Coockoos!!! blimey bud you showing youre age there fella!!!! Were good days mate i can remember them (well some of em!) well.

Jaff

G

·
I have now updated the Specimen List with this excellent fish. Just wondering if I should bother seeing as you will probably go and beat it yet again on your next trip to the Crouch:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts