World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
15,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other boat 'WhiteShark'' was launced last weekend so yesterday even though the forecast was horrible,Garry and myself decided we would just go out into the river today and try local for some early Bass.Armed with Ragworm,Crab and every other bait known to man we arrived at the marina at 8am.Steve was aboard Dominator along with his party,Paul & Andy and made us a nice cup of tea before we set off.
The problem now was that the wind seemed to be dying away but we knew it was due to get again later in the day.Did we dare to think we could get a few hours in offshore?:) Lets go for it Garry said,right I said,my boat or yours?.....No Garry said...Whiteshark!..You sure I said? Well we want to try her out dont we?....Ok lets load her up I said!
Im sure everyone else thought we were quite insane to be heading offshore in a freshening easterly wind in a 20ft boat but we know what we are doing and know our limits.
Speeding down the river at around 25knts,getting soaking wet and slamming along I began to dought my own sanity!
Soon (well about an hour) we were on the mark,not too bad at the moment with the last of the flood tide but we knew what was coming in around 2 hours when the tide turned so we had better make the most of it and see what was on this mark we had waited 3weeks to get on.
Dropping the anchor into 50ft of water the boat swung into the tide.Crab baits cast uptide were soon being smashed to pieces by small hounds and dogfish.I soon got the hump with this and changed one rod to Herring..Wham the rod went round,I thought it was Bass as the fish felt lively,It turned out to be a Codling around 3.5lb.More dogfish,then Garry had a nice Roker of 9lb,which we returned as we have enough wings in the freezers for a while.Now we had lost the tide and the boat started swinging and laying into the freshening wind.What do you reckon? I said to Garry,time to get out of here he said,Good I said,because if you never said it I was going too,I replied.A great shame really as there was a good showing of fish in the hour we were there and I knew when the ebb came then the fish would really have come on.You cannot beat the weather though and we dont put fishing before safety,there are plenty more days as and when we want them.The ride back was shall we say 'Exhilerating''in fact it was bloody awfull,spray,surfing and a tad wet! :)
Still was soon back in the marina and a couple of pints and planning the next trip!
I believe Pablo may have a picture of a little ole ''Whiteshark''surfing it's way along!

Ron

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Im fed up, all these pikey boats in the river.....

Can afford a 135hp outboard, but a couple of quid for a river licence, oh no, bit strapped huh!!

Im telling on you, so ner....

And ron, love the suit, keeps you warm does it, pitty you cant see that short skirt your wearing underneath!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Good report Ron and not such a bad result given the awful conditions.
Steve, Paul and myself all agreed that there must be something wrong with you two as you flew past us on the way out!! When Paul posts the photo of you going past I doubt I will do the situation any justice at all!! :laugh:

15,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad you mentioned that Ash...Forgot about the river licence for that boat!...Too many boats to worry about!!...Was a bit breezy with the old Miniskirt on today..Still,I had Garry to keep me warm!:kissing:

Ron

G

·
same as usual,another good report and pic's ron.but i must say lobbing back that 9lber??that's not your style!

poxy weather gives us all the hump.we had another newhaven trips called off coz of it today:yucky:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Glad you mentioned that Ash...Forgot about the river licence for that boat!...Too many boats to worry about!!...Was bit bgreezy with the old Miniskirt on today..Still,I had Garry to keep me warm!:kissing:

Ron

Dont worry about it lol, we have only just got lady lorraine her licence and boyo aint got one and wont have one till we sell lorraine!!

Anyone wanna buy a fast fisher 23ft?

G

·
:clap3: Nice report as usual Ron:thumbs: But I do think you should invest in a bigger freezer before your next trip..............we can't have you putting them Roker back:uhuh: just not the done thing old chap:nono:

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
had a great laugh today, the funny thing about the pic was that ron was standing and trying to wave at the time but the boat hit a wave just as he went past and he sh*t hes pants!!:)

15,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice picture pablo!...Jesus I thought that was my lot just after you took that :uhuh: I weren't sure what way I was gonna go,the rods,boxes etc went one way,I went the other....Thought I was gonna make a swim for the beach...Oh I forgot,I can't swim! :)

Ron

·
Registered
617 Posts
Nice picture pablo!...Jesus I thought that was my lot just after you took that :uhuh: I weren't sure what way I was gonna go,the rods,boxes etc went one way,I went the other....Thought I was gonna make a swim for the beach...Oh I forgot,I can't swim! :)

Ron
funny picture, now i know what that smell was all day:yucky:

G

·
Some brilliant pictures there, I especially liked Pablo's, lol. Not used to the speed are you Ron:unsure: .
She looks a good boat for a nice flat day but nowhere to hide from the spray unfortunately.
I put mine in the marina yesterday and was hoping to get out both days but the waves were smahing over the harbour wall when we put her in and I dont think today would have been any better:uhuh: .
Mexico seems a long time ago already and I am itching to get back out now. Roll on Summer:clap2:

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Ron, I had a feeling you were a bit daft but this proves it, old gentlemen like you and I should be at home in front of the fire on such days as these, and if you must subject yourself to such rigours at least have the sense to use a boat with a wheelhouse. Reports and pictures of my "madness" will appear shortly on this channel, during our trip to Ireland next week I am confident that they will match if not surpass your touch of insanity. PS how are stitches holding up?

15,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ron, I had a feeling you were a bit daft but this proves it, old gentlemen like you and I should be at home in front of the fire on such days as these, and if you must subject yourself to such rigours at least have the sense to use a boat with a wheelhouse. Reports and pictures of my "madness" will appear shortly on this channel, during our trip to Ireland next week I am confident that they will match if not surpass your touch of insanity. PS how are stitches holding up?
I feel like i've had a kick in the guts after today.Dave called me as we roared past ''Hollyweed Point'' on the way out...funny he asked if it was us pair of lunatics in the Whiteshark.
Hope you have great trip to Ireland next week,post loads of pics of all the action!:)

Ron

15,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Some brilliant pictures there, I especially liked Pablo's, lol. Not used to the speed are you Ron:unsure: .
She looks a good boat for a nice flat day but nowhere to hide from the spray unfortunately.
I put mine in the marina yesterday and was hoping to get out both days but the waves were smahing over the harbour wall when we put her in and I dont think today would have been any better:uhuh: .
Mexico seems a long time ago already and I am itching to get back out now. Roll on Summer:clap2:
Thats the difference you see Terry between ''anglers'' and Grockles!!:)
Still at least you can now join the rest in Newhaven and just pop down the old Gin Palace for G & T's! :kissing:

Ron

·
Registered
617 Posts
Ron those lazy, fat, wealthy people :kissing: like that cascars :kissing: like to talk about fishing, but at least we get out and do it. :clap2:
Weather looks ok for an all nighter Friday/Saturday maybe we should take white shark over to the knock. Why not ask terry if he would like to come? :g:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts