World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished the crouch with juan d geezer last night, boy was it windy but luckily enough it was blowing near on from behind, so we got some shelter by sitting behind the wall.
we had herring, rag, squid, pilchards and crab baits and were both using pulley rigs some clipped down and some with a long two to three foot trace.
on my first cast on a herring and rag cocktail i caught this 5lb 10 oz roker

which grounded me quite a few times on reeling in and gave us a few hairy moments, but dad was at hand to grab it for me as my leader knot got stuck at the end of my rod with all the weed attached to it.
the weed wasnt as bad as the first time we went but it was still a pain. any way as it got dark we pondered about hitting the pub as the fish just werent playing, but we stayed and persisted to try all sorts of different baits and distances.
i decided to put one rod out for some bass and fished big crab baits just out past the rocks which resulted in a couple of good takes but no hook ups, so we left it there and went home around high water.
all in all not a bad mark producing three roker in two trips. :)

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Yet again it was a pleasure to fish with Pablo (even though he caught one and I didnt :g: ). It was a good laugh watching him slip down the wall everytime he stood up which made up for the lack of fish. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
I'd also like to point out that the reason that Pablo is holding the roker so gingerly, isnt because he's gay (even though he obviously is) but because it had hundreds of tiny thorns all the way along the edge all the way up to the snout, Ive never seen so many.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Well done Pablo me and andy must have fished 24 hours after you left the :secret: mark the 2 we had had loads of tiny thorns up to the nose as well. They must just work there way down river then as it ebbs work there way back again just seems they come along at certain times of the ide at different spots along the river.

15,082 Posts
I'd also like to point out that the reason that Pablo is holding the roker so gingerly, isnt because he's gay (even though he obviously is) but because it had hundreds of tiny thorns all the way along the edge all the way up to the snout, Ive never seen so many

Looking at that picture again...Ermmm..You are very probably right.:kissing:

Ron

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd also like to point out that the reason that Pablo is holding the roker so gingerly, isnt because he's gay (even though he obviously is) but because it had hundreds of tiny thorns all the way along the edge all the way up to the snout, Ive never seen so many

Looking at that picture again...Ermmm..You are very probably right.:kissing:

Ron

they say it takes one to no one ronald.:)

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
same as the one on the boat last week ,was covered in them ,quick photo ,then straight over the side,i was trying to hold the front,but settled for the underneath pic,me mate said it had a lot of thorns,,,and he s held a good few in his time, perhaps they have evolved more thorns to stop us ,,POSING WITH EM,,,LOL

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Ronald?...............How verrrrrrrrrrry dare you? :kissing:

Ron ald
I thought it was Roker ron.....or Shirley for short? :):blink:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Nice one Paul - rag and herring slays the roker and bass at the Crouch. Outfishes just herring or rag for some reason. Stick it out for them bass in close and use big hooks minimum 5-6/0 with plenty of bard showing and you hook em often.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts