World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished the river crouch this morning early darkness either side of high tide. using lugworm, squid, herring and welsh runnimede. the herring was at distance of 80/100 yds on a pulley pennel rig with no bites except crab. scratching rod at 40/60 yds on a 3 hook simple rig had 6 codling all undersize and returned alive, these were all on lugworm no other bait produced any interest at all. 5 of the codling were caught 2 hours before high tide then nothing until tide slackened again 90 minutes after high which took 1 more codling. a few other bites were missed.

its encouraging to see these codling in the river and hopefully they will come back next year a couple of pound heavier and I might even keep a couple then lol.

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
fished the river crouch this morning early darkness either side of high tide. using lugworm, squid, herring and welsh runnimede. the herring was at distance of 80/100 yds on a pulley pennel rig with no bites except crab. scratching rod at 40/60 yds on a 3 hook simple rig had 6 codling all undersize and returned alive, these were all on lugworm no other bait produced any interest at all. 5 of the codling were caught 2 hours before high tide then nothing until tide slackened again 90 minutes after high which took 1 more codling. a few other bites were missed.

its encouraging to see these codling in the river and hopefully they will come back next year a couple of pound heavier and I might even keep a couple then lol.
fingers crossed jim they will be back inforce around the 5lb mark will do what part did you go to

G

·
Had a similar result with a similar pattern during the week but with a bonus pin. I guess the fresh water has kept the dabs out of the river.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fingers crossed jim they will be back inforce around the 5lb mark will do what part did you go to
Hi Ian I went to go to holliwell the first corner you told me about but they have it all fenced off at the bottom I think they are doing tests for wind turbines says no public access for 6 months. Im wondering if it would be ossible to wak to it from burnha, although it would be a fair old hike.

anyway couldnt get to that spot so drove back to burnham and and parked at rice and cole and then a short walk to a concrete bunker platform with 2 seats on it (never fished this before ) and just set up there. no tackle lost and majority of fish and bites coming within 2 hours of high water, then not a lot after that til 1 more fish about 90 minutes after high tide .

did you say you got 2 thornies from sandwhiche bay ? if so well done mate cant wait to break my duck on these beautiful fish.:clap2:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had a similar result with a similar pattern during the week but with a bonus pin. I guess the fresh water has kept the dabs out of the river.
hey bob I normally get over run with whiting but seems they have gone and the codling are here instead, hopefully

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
Hi Ian I went to go to holliwell the first corner you told me about but they have it all fenced off at the bottom I think they are doing tests for wind turbines says no public access for 6 months. Im wondering if it would be ossible to wak to it from burnha, although it would be a fair old hike.

anyway couldnt get to that spot so drove back to burnham and and parked at rice and cole and then a short walk to a concrete bunker platform with 2 seats on it (never fished this before ) and just set up there. no tackle lost and majority of fish and bites coming within 2 hours of high water, then not a lot after that til 1 more fish about 90 minutes after high tide .

did you say you got 2 thornies from sandwhiche bay ? if so well done mate cant wait to break my duck on these beautiful fish.:clap2:
not me it was my mate who had them ,looks like i might have to have a bash for them next week ,its a shame about the fencing of as ive had some very good sessions around there,with all this work going on at that spot they have gone down as far as south fambridge at the saltings

·
Registered
151 Posts

hiya Jimmy nice to see report and good to get a few codling and at least you didn't blank and tried again down at R&C weather was calm I guess ? when I drove past Maldon at low today the fresh water flow was like mid tides ridiculous amount of fresh, might be a reason for not so many on the pennel! I cant wait for tomorrow got bait from Colchester bait and tackle and OMG them worms are amazing and got about 250 for £40 so not bad value! anyway Walton here I come and will report tomorrow eveing :)

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
hiya Jimmy nice to see report and good to get a few codling and at least you didn't blank and tried again down at R&C weather was calm I guess ? when I drove past Maldon at low today the fresh water flow was like mid tides ridiculous amount of fresh, might be a reason for not so many on the pennel! I cant wait for tomorrow got bait from Colchester bait and tackle and OMG them worms are amazing and got about 250 for £40 so not bad value! anyway Walton here I come and will report tomorrow eveing :)
good luck james ,i dont like pin bones in my fillets please :black_eye

·
Registered
574 Posts
Great news to hear fish being caught I used to launch from burn ham and had great sessions along the river right up to the mouth but then they started excavating and did died off, bit like the wind farm :) but cheers there coming back.
Nice report

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gd luck james hope you catch , I was suprised to get anything with all the rain weve had so was pleasantly suprised

1 - 12 of 12 Posts