World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I was looking for some advice/tips for the river ettive.
Could any one tell me if ur able to fish anywere on the river even at the bottom of it at the lochs mouth and if so what can you catch and whats good for catching with .
Thanks guys Colin.

·
Registered
596 Posts
not sure if it is the river etive but if it is the one that goes in from the head of the loch then as you turn onto the road and go over the bridge there was some wee broon trout under the bridge last time i was up there taking photos, you can park just before or just after the bridge and amble down to the water there is like a pool about 150 yards from the water fall and the wee trout i saw were in there

·
Registered
79 Posts
As far as i know it is free above Dalness Falls but below is on a private estate so you would need permission or permit. Let me know if you fgind out if a permit is required?

Good Luck!

·
Banned
914 Posts
The main attraction of the estate is the Salmon and Sea Trout fishing on the River Etive, the main season being mid June to the season's end on October 15th. The river is divided into three beats with the lower beat for 3 rods exclusively available to Glen Etive House tenants. One of the two upper rotating beats for 3 rods may also be available. The Etive is very much a spate river, fished with fly only, and can provide exciting sport, given water.

An extensive and very successful re-stocking programme in recent years has seen a dramatic improvement in annual returns and 66 fish were caught on the Glen Etive House beat in 2005. In addition to the river fishing there is also trout fishing on local lochs with a sea boat on Loch Etive.

Contact CKD Galbraith, Edinburgh for further info but I believe the fishing is all in private hands. It has been subject to a restocking programme so you can bet it will be well looked after and expensive!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts