World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had bait left over from Sat - went to Kincardine area - caught one eel and one bass about 1 Lb :)
Crabs were cleaning my hooks quicker than I could bait them :g:
Will try peeler next time or spinning or float fishing as I would cost a fortune to buy enough worms :unsure:

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
well done peter :clap2: always good to have a wee session, crabs can be a real pain at times!! but sometimes its worth it !!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Well done on the Bass Peter, I need to get one this year and add it to my species.

·
Registered
21 Posts
furry boots in kincardine? pier or power station?
i have tried the pier a few times but blanked.
crabs and tide seem to consume most of the bait.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Crabs were cleaning my hooks quicker than I could bait them :g: Will try peeler next time or spinning or float fishing as I would cost a fortune to buy enough worms :unsure:
Have you ever tried using a wee set-up where you have an inline float fixed at,say,four foot from the bottom,that is not bouyant enough to hold your sinker,then use a boom and a snood that has your bait sitting just off bottom.The flatties will still come up for the bait.We used to use this rig fishing for plaice at St Monans on hand lines many moons ago and it worked fine,don't see any reason why it still wouldn't.

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes Bob - It occured to me that a bubble float on the line would have helped
Might just use a sliding float next time :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts