World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been in the Humber today in my boat. Had loads of whiting about 100 none bigger than 1 1/2 pound 1 small Roker and a few flatties. About 9 other boats out and only 1 unconfirmed cod about 5lbs caught between all the boats. Try again Monday weather permitting.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
My old mate Wayne contacted me and invited me to join him on his 35' Offshore 105 "Calypso". Met up with Wayne and another of his friends "Andy" at 6am and we were soon heading out just before sunrise. The 5A was our choice as the tide was a workable 6.5m and plenty of tide would be running there. Andy & Wayne were into whiting from the start using uptide tactics. I had brought along a pair of my favoured downtide rods and was struggling to even have a whiting whilst they had 10 fish each! Eventually, I did start catching a few though just whiting and a flounder for me. Missed a decent bite which felt like a proper fish but hat's off to the uptide pair who continued catching all day long! They must have had 100 fish using the long rods whilst I probably had less than 10. Wayne managed a roker of 3.5lb or so but the Cod just were not there. We did see evidence of the food chain when one of Andy's whiting coughed up whitebait so things are moving on and it won't be long before the winter Cod start moving in to the river.

A few pics taken from my flip so not sure of the quality;-

Wayne alongside Calypso

Wayne tackles a roker

Roker for Wayne

Andy with a decent Dab

Myself not doing a lot!

Had a great day thanks Wayne, and what a lovely boat you have.

Regards

Harry

·
Registered
66 Posts
When I left the 5a went down to stallingborough that was poor then tried the middle 7 same there. Then as you was going in I anchored up on the 4b,that's were I got my cod. We had another on and lost it m8. We came in after 5 and I think we were the last boat out.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Hi saw you out there, we had lots of whiting and a few flounders,but were getting hit by seals a lot about a dozen times they stripped of th whiting hooks and all pain in the a--se.We were on the Alaska 600.

Going to try tomorrow weather permiting.
Cheers Bill.

·
Registered
633 Posts
let us know how the hole fishes at 4a mate cant wait to get back out there , it produced a lot of good fish for me last season including my pb ,havent had a sesh on the boats for a bit now been waiting to see the reports from angelus before i give it a bash yet tight lines and save some for me lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.